Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Things

1. This is today's funny-faced BPOTD:



With a bonus necklace closeup:



I've had that necklace for like three or four years but have only worn it once before. Really getting my money's worth with that one.

2. A friend of mine just got her cosmetology license and is doing a whole gang of free facials at her new salon as part of her training. I'll also be allowing her to do something extra to me that causes "profuse perspiration" but that will allegedly make me look fantastic.

We'll see.

But OOOOOH!!! Because she's my homie, I might have to ask her to take a picture of that magic! And then depending on how horrifying it is, I might just have to post it to the www.

Stay tuned.

3. If you missed the comment to my post about the criminal fireplace installer, my SIL Who Does Not Wear John Deer Pajamas is supportive of that romance because she needs a fireplace cover installed and they are not cheap.

I lolled.

I'm working on a non-criminal (that I know of, anyway) option, but it's nice to know I have my family's support. (As long as they get discounts on things they need, like fireplaces.)

4. My Parallel Life Partner Danielle is deviating from the PLPness by having a baby today. The last update I got was four hours ago, at which point she was only at 1.5 centimeters.

Danielle, I just told the www about your cervix, but since you're going to be a mother within the next 24 hours I'm pretty sure you won't have time to read this blog anytime soon, at which point the cervix discussion will be super buried...so really, you'll probably never know.

GO DANIELLE'S CERVIX, GO!

Note to self: Dig up that picture from Danielle's 30th birthday where, during a not-so-private dance, the tranny "entertainer" flipped her ass-over-tea-kettle and save a copy to horrify her currently-being-born son one day.

5. Speaking of lady parts, another friend of mine WHO WILL REMAIN UNNAMED (but who gave me permission to blab about this) is under 30 and has had the bad kind of skin cancer. The original melanoma was a handful of years ago but a recent scare sent her to the dermatologist for a full body inspection.

Internet, DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS INVOLVED in a full body skin cancer inspection after you have already had the skin cancer?

An INTERNAL inspection of things that I'm pretty sure have never seen the sun, but that are ALLEGEDLY favorite spots for the skin cancer to reappear.

---- OR ----

A dermatologist has a hot young thang for a patient and was suddenly regretting not becoming a gynecologist or proctologist.

I'm not sure which. But either way, how's that for a good reason to wear sunscreen?? No surprise crotch examinations by dermatologists for me, thankyouverymuch.

6. And now that I've discussed the crotches of two of my very dear friends, I'll leave you with #1 on that list of 30 things in 30 (ish) days that I said I would do...

Internet, I present to you, my workspace in all its glory:



Today, anyway. Sometimes I sit in a different building at a table I share with handsome 26-year-old men, but it's more difficult to be stealth about sharing that particular workspace.

3 comments:

  1. I like more words with your BPOTD's. It brightens my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's about the same size as my cadillac cubicle.

    Oh I have a friend who used to get the skin cancer check and he told me about the exam. He said "They check EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING." He would always demonstrate the butt cheek spread with hand motions (not on his butt but in front of him). And every time he went to the doctor I would say "Did they {insert butt cheek spreading gesture here}?" and he would say "No {insert butt cheek spreading hand gesture here}." I guess it's a little better with a visual aide but I got nothing to provide. Yes this is a man I was in love with for years. No it had nothing to do with this story.

    I will say that he was a sweetheart and nagged me until I got a mole on my foot checked out. He was really nervous about it. It was fine. And no {insert buttcheek spreading gesture here} was involved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I just came here to find your 30 things in 30 days post and saw this!!! Too bad my cervix wasn't listening to your cheers, because it ended up being slow as hell. But it all worked out!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive