Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tapenade

The smell reminds me of the worms we’d dissect in school. And really, tapenade itself looks like it could be tiny chunks of cut up dissection worms masquerading as olives.

But I still eat it.

My office building is near the dump. This entire neck of the woods, especially on warm days or when the wind blows the wrong way, smells like the dump. (Milpitas pride? Holla?)

I was walking out to my car yesterday evening and realized that OH MAH GAH, the scent in the air, which I knew to be that of the DUMP, reminded me EXACTLY of TAPENADE!

And actually sorta made me want to eat some tapenade. Wormy, dumpy tapenade.

Mmmmmmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Yuck. I don't like olives much, so I feel equally meh about tapenade.

    A town (one of the, ahem, "big cities") near ours has a paper mill, which occasionally omits a stench that I liken to rotten broccoli soup. And, when I smell it, sometimes I think "hmm, soup" - so I totally get it!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive