I love these new red shoes but the skin they rubbed off the backs of my achilles tendons will be missed.
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
OMG you guys, Vegas.
Unfortunately, the Britney Spears thing didn't happen (which actually, I'm not sure I blogged about -- we were supposed to be going to a VIP afterparty for Britney and DJ Pauly D) even though we spent all day on Friday collecting answers to the question "What do you think Britney Spears smells like?" The most popular answer was "her perfume" but I'm convinced that she smells like vanilla body spray and hot dogs.
I was up from 4AM on Friday to 4AM on Saturday. Sadly, I only got three hours of sleep because my eyes just magically open at 7AM and there's nothing I can really do about it. Luckily the only thing on the agenda during the day on Saturday was to lounge around, order room service and watch Real Housewives and Sex and the City marathons on TV. Ooh, and a group trip to the lobby to get rehydration supplies.
Did you know that a large coffee, a large Diet Coke and a large bottle of water cost $23 in Vegas?
Also, I won't name names, but one lady in my party woke up on Saturday morning with nearly $300 in small bills in her purse and she's not entirely sure how that happened.
A more thougt-out post (including how I met two of my internet friends!!) will be coming when I get the pictures off my camera.
Sunday, March 27, 2011
I don't think I've ever been so tired in my whole entire life., originally uploaded by dumpstar_drummer.
Three double espressos and a five-hour-energy shot since 7PM and I hardly made it until midnight.
Friday, March 25, 2011
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
I'm the aunt who will steal kisses if he won't give them to me willingly., originally uploaded by dumpstar_drummer.
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Monday, March 21, 2011
Sunday, March 20, 2011
1. I downloaded the soundtrack to St Elmo's Fire on Friday night because, and I'm guessing this is the only reason anyone ever downloads the St Elmo's Fire soundtrack, Lauren and I were at a bar and Man in Motion came on the jukebox, it got the bar all fired up and I was inspired to own it for myself. Turns out, you can't just download that one song and I had to buy the whole album. I remembered my recent purchase this afternoon so I've been listening to it while driving around town and I have to say...it really is awful.
1a. I LOVED that movie, by the way. I've probably seen it 100 times but only a couple of times as an adult and it's still awesome, but it's also totally laughable. Alec and Leslie were fresh out of college, lived in a fancy loft apartment, dressed like they were their parents, drank red wine and had important jobs. When I was 13 I thought that was reality.
2. I'm house sitting for my cousin Stephanie. She has two cats but they don't get along so I have to give them turns being out in the main house. I'm supposed to entice them back to their own areas with treats but I don't remember how many of these treats I'm supposed to give them. They're teeny small so I've been giving them two because one seems stingy but I didn't want her to come back and be all "Dude! My cats got fat!" I am pleased to report that I just saw a commercial for the same treats and they're only two calories each.
2a. So now that I'm confident I haven't been fattening up her cats I can focus on the fact that my face wash bleached out her towels.
Ask me to house sit and I'll ruin your towels and possibly make your pets fat!
(And for the record, I bought new towels but I'm a bit twitchy about the fact that I couldn't find the exact same ones...my fingers are crossed that the Hotel ones voted #1 by Good Housekeeping magazine readers will meet her drying off needs.)
3. You know those big spotlights that go back and forth across the sky? I saw one last night and realized that it's been a long time since I've seen one. It feels like I used to see them all the time and think that something really wonderful must be at the bottom. (When in reality it's something boring like a sale at a car dealership or something.)
So last night I was driving home with my Chinese food (a stormy Saturday night necessity) and saw the spotlight and decided that I'd like one for my wedding.
You know, one day far off in the future. If I have to wear an age-appropriate pantsuit instead of a dress, I at least want a spotlight.
4. I smell like spray tan.
This is Doodle. He's very sweet and he loves curling up on my lap and napping but he's a crappy bed partner because while I'm trying to sleep, he wants to party. He's also the cat with the second loudest footsteps I've ever met. First place goes to Daina's cat Buddy (RIP Buddy!).
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Well I just stumbled across this one and GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY, that kid is adorable:
Watch past the song and you'll see what I mean.
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
I'm never going to get tired of the INCREDIBLE CUTENESS of him wanting to hold her, originally uploaded by dumpstar_drummer.
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Friday, March 4, 2011
Thursday, March 3, 2011
1. VERY TRAUMATIZING Cream of Wheat injury:
The cafeteria stops serving breakfast at 10 so when I was in there scooping out some Cream of Wheat at 9:55, it was the bottom of the barrel (literally), it had been sitting there all morning and it was really glue'y. I prefer it to be sticky versus wet so this was actually desirable, but when I accidentally dripped some on my left pointer finger I realized that it was SCALDING HOT and I couldn't fling it off to save my life. I ended up running across the cafeteria for a napkin but by the time I got the DANGEROUS breakfast cereal off of my poor finger, I could already tell that the damage had been done. It's hard to see in this picture, but let me assure you Internet...I have a blister framing my left pointer finger:
Silver lining: My manicure is fresh enough for me to show a close up to the internet.
2. Confirmation that Buster is just not that into me:
Remember that guy Buster? He was a good guy with some excellent qualities but he also had some REALLY ANNOYING qualities and I finally decided to face the fact that he just wasn't that into me.
He had been on a month-long business trip and then he came home and he was sick, he was working, he was hanging out with his friends, he was doing whatever...but he was not particularly motivated to see me. So there was all that but then he made an offhand comment about something else that reallllly rubbed me the wrong way, which led me to call him out on his just-not-that-into-me'ness and PS, I don't want to do this anymore. He responded very passively (not that I was holding my breath for an exciting "No! You're fantastic! I can't live without you!" response) that he was sorry I felt that way and he wished me the best.
It was possibly the most mature breakup I've ever had, even though it's not really a breakup because he wasn't even blog tag worthy. I'm pleased to be headed in the right direction!
I'm not crushed about this at all, but I posted something to FB so I could confirm that me saying "I just don't think you're that into me" and him saying "I'm sorry you feel that way" was, in fact, confirmation of his not-that-into-me'ness. I wasn't expecting FB to be as supportive as it was, but thanks peeps!
A note from my dear friend Alyssa made me laugh out loud (for reals) and I think it's a solid rule to live by:
I think the real moral of the story here is that you should no longer date dudes who share names with any of my mom's corgis. Deal?
- ► 2016 (92)
- ► 2015 (57)
- ► 2014 (124)
- ► 2013 (146)
- ► 2012 (156)
- Vanilla Body Spray & Hot Dogs
- Spray tan + birdcage shoes = aftermath
- I don't think I've ever been so tired in my whole ...
- WHAT A GYP!
- This is what I look like in a limo.
- Good morning internet!
- I'm the aunt who will steal kisses if he won't giv...
- I have a new necklace.
- Danielle knows me well.
- I don't understand why this is a selling point.
- Are you ready for a post with ACTUAL WORDS!?!?
- I've been catsitting.
- Believe it or not, sometimes I think kids that ARE...
- Getting my hairs did.
- I'm never going to get tired of the INCREDIBLE CUT...
- Grandma with her Granddaughter
- One week
- Representing for my brothers' birth year, apparent...
- Please Advise!
- Expanding on Facebook Status Updates
- ▼ March (28)
- ► 2010 (541)
- 100 Things (3)
- 1000 Things (10)
- 30 things (7)
- archives (1)
- baby (40)
- baby aj (40)
- baby boys (1)
- bling (18)
- bob (15)
- carrie (25)
- christa (2)
- cocktails (14)
- cooking (4)
- dirty do (1)
- eh jr (3)
- fsc (1)
- jlsj (1)
- landlording (9)
- lauren (16)
- life list (5)
- mike rowe (3)
- olympic trials (25)
- outfits (21)
- resolutions (3)
- santa (3)
- stubs (2)
- the facebooks (1)
- the people i'm related to (25)
- trips (39)
- waaaaaaaaah I'm a whiny baby (8)