Friday, October 15, 2010

A post with words!!

1. I gave blood the other day and they got allllll fired up about the fact that I've neer had a baby, which makes me a kickass candidate for apherisis and OMG CAN WE TEST YOUR WHITE BLOOD CELL COUNT!?!?!

Yeah, sure.

So if I'm still a good candidate once they've done extra special tests on my blood, I'll go ahead and donate...even though it's a lonnnng-ass process. I used to do apherisis in college but it was part of a research study where I got paid $150 for my delicious white blood cells. This time it will be out of the goodness of my GODDAMN heart.

If you're not familiar, this means I'm going to sit in a big ass recliner while they take the blood out of one arm, spin it through a little thing-a-ma-bobber and then put it back in the other arm. And then because your blood is hanging around outside your body you get collllld, so a nice lady will come around and tuck you into warm blankets and give you warm water bottles to hold onto.

And there are movies!!

And of course, cookies afterwards!!

But anyhooters, they were telling me that with each pregnancy a woman becomes less and less desirable for apherisis because of the antibodies in her blood or whatever and that they have difficulty keeping the donor population up because women keep going and having babies and ruining it for everyone. I think they probably took one look at me and said "THAT WOMAN WILL NEVER GET A DATE, MUCH LESS PREGNANT! SIGN HER UP!!!!!"

2. I don't have anything else to report but I just realized I started the whole "look at my ticket stubs" thing 100 years ago and never followed through...so here you go:

This is one of the more recent stubs I have and it represents an evening I already blogged about:



In a nutshell, Leslie had a spare ticket, I went with her, I played the pretending-I-don't-see-you game with the bartender from TGI Fridays that I used to have the mega hots for.

Another recent one!



Team Texas and I went to San Antonio because the San Antonio Riverwalk is on one of the lists of 1,000 things to see before you die (must have been the US version because it wasn't ALL THAT and I can't imagine it made it onto the global list). As mentioned in the blog post about that trip, San Antonio Riverwalk is famous in our house because of the fine, fine film Cloak & Dagger.

This one is from 100 years ago when Christa and Carrie and Allison (and maybe Sassy Sarah too?) all taught at Allison's family dance studio. I LOVED (for reals) going to the shows because WHO DOESN'T LIKE 8-year-olds hip hopping to top 40 hits???



I can't say I remember this particular performance, but I'm sure it was special.

Here's another one I don't really remember, but SUE ME because it was fifteen years ago:



I remember that this was the makeup Pearl Jam concert that they played because Eddie Vedder was sick for the original show in San Francisco and jumped ship after a couple of songs. I don't specifically remember going to this show but I was dating Joe at the time (yeah, THAT Joe) and he was a major Pearl Jam fan and went to the SF show with me so I can only assume that he was at this one too.

And finally, here we have the Burning Man 2003 stub:



I'm 99% sure that was the year we met Team North Carolina. (HEY GREG! YOU'RE GREAT AND GORGEOUS!!!) I was going back through the archives to find Burning Man 2003 pictures to remind me of other exciting things that happened that year and I found THIS:



OMG SO YOUNG! OMG SUCH BIG, BLOND HAIR!!

Pictures from that year's Burning Man aren't so cute, but here's one of me and my (formerly) beloved Clive and Enrique:



And then the prettiest picture I've ever taken with my own two hands:



The end.

2 comments:

  1. It's too much for my mind to handle right now, but I'm pretty sure that I've been your "College Friend" since that Burning Man. I remember those pictures, and I'm pretty sure it was when the pictures were taken. That was a LONNNNNNNG time ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe you don't remember my performance of chicago. shocking.
    ;) to be fair you didn't know me all that well then

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive