Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Things

1. I'm having a funky week, Internet. It started out pretty well -- Monday morning flirting with the handsome French gentleman while wearing pearls and an oh-so-sweet new cardigan -- but it took a self-inflicted turn for the worse and I ended up flaking on boot camp so I could can sit on the couch in my sweatpants and eat pecan pie while watching the show about the fat girls looking for wedding dresses.

Holy Pathetic Patty, right?

But today's a new day (even if I have a headache and I hate my outfit and I really just want to go home)! There's appointment-based exercise in my future!

2. I just signed up for unlimited now-through-the-end-of-the-year Dailey Method classes. Let's see how this goes, shall we?

The bonus is that you have to reserve your spot in advance so I'm thinking that if I have a specific date and time that I've said I'll be somewhere, I'll follow through. I'm trying to improve my core strength and boot camp is really hard on the ol' knees, so my fingers are crossed that I'll stick with it.

This Dailey Method business was NOT PRETTY AT ALL, but I really felt it without feeling it in my knees. And when I say NOT PRETTY AT ALL, I'm not even kidding. I kept waiting for all the beautiful women in their LuLu Lemon gear to break a sweat but they didn't...I sweated enough for all of them, I'm pretty sure. I was self-conscious of that, but IT'S EXERCISE, so oh well. But really, all the poses and the squatting and folding of the body in weird positions were NOT PRETTY AT ALL. I know this for certain because of all the damn mirrors in that place.

3. OOH OOH OOH! But something very exciting has happened! I just realized! These beautiful people had their second baby yesterday!



And while looking for a Daina/Nate picture, I came across this one and OMG I'M ABOUT TO BE EATEN BY MY HAIR:



4. And now it's time for me to go get my hairs did.

2 comments:

  1. oh giiiirrrlll I am feeling you on the funky weak. Yesterday I felt like I was trying to punch underwater. Meaning: I had good intentions to get stuff done but all I could do was sulk and be sloth like

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very supportive of the Dailey Method decision...I'm still super ab sore from class on Sun. but it's a goood sore. And yes it was a little annoying being the only two sweaty beasts in there not wearing cute dancer-esq. workout gear but whatev

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive