Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Things

1. No BPPOTD today because I'm repeating a recent outfit. SHAMEFUL, I KNOW!

2. I started boot camp again this week which means I'm back to the grimacing-when-I-sit-down-to-pee lifestyle. It doesn't really get better, either. If I'm making the the most of my boot camp sessions then I'll be in a constant state of aches and pains.

3. For added bad-assery, Lauren and I are going on a six hour hike through the wilderness on Saturday. When I called to reserve our spots the woman told me to bring lunch and oh, by the way, there are no restroom facilities. I can't remember if I told Lauren that but she reads this blog from time to time so if not, HEY LO! GET READY TO SQUAT IN THE BUSHES!

4. I'm officially dropping out of the Junior League. It sounded good when I signed up (it was a rough summer, yo) but now I'm less desperate for distractions and I'm looking at my calendar and wondering why in the HECK I'd want to go to events that require A) mingling or B) seeing sad things. I thought it could also be a good way to grow my Stella & Dot biz-nass but even that has become less of a motivator.

5. Speaking of Stella & Dot, I finally decided that instead of trying to make my money back, I'd just plan to take a loss and then be really casual about it all. If I make a couple hundred bucks a month, GREAT! If not, oh well. I'm also going to stop buying jewelry samples unless they're things *I* would wear. I have a ton of stuff that I'd never wear and I only bought them so I'd have more diversity in my samples, but I don't care about that anymore.

6. I'm not clear whether or not I'll be employed come November. It's all very up in the air. I may also get cut from this project earlier, which would be a bummer in terms of collecting delicious dollars for my bank account, but on the other hand, if I get a new project for November (the beginning of the company's Q2, so 11/1 is a realistic possibility) then I might not mind having a week or so off. It would be UNPAID, but it would be nice.

I'm making a list of things I'd like to do with a week off:

* Go to the spa during the week (so it's less crowded and crawling with first-timers in their bathing suits)

* Work on my book (which is something I need to do regardless of whether I have time off work)

* Use my acupuncture Groupon

* Maybe go on a road trip (but I'm hesitant to do this alone because the last few times I've traveled alone I've sworn I'd never travel alone again)

So I don't know what to hope for: Get cut a week or so early? Or not to get cut?

The getting cut would only work if I knew for sure I'd have a gig for Q2.

Either way, it'll all be okay.

1 comment:

  1. I am home in the middle of the day because of some random fluke... and I thought "I haven't read Ez's blog in a while... I should do that!" Well good friggin thing I did!!! Peeing in the woods, huh?? I am sure you will post pictures for the Internet to see! See you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive