Saturday, October 2, 2010

Junior League: 3, Elizabeth: 0

I've just been on a Junior League field trip where we had to go to
this hospice (just the counseling and admin offices -- no actual dying
people) and I managed to avoid crying during the "look at all the
pictures drawn by children with dying parents" part by mentally
running through my grocery list 100 times but when the lady got all
excited and fired up about helping people die with dignity and
celebrating their lives and I don't even know what else because I was
busy thinking about groceries, I accidentally let one tear fall, which
made her look at me and apologize for not having tissues, which made
me turn into a water works.

So instead of continuing the field trip and going to a WOMEN AND
CHILDREN'S SHELTER, I'm taking myself home.

I'm so over the Junior League.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive