Thursday, October 28, 2010

Things

1. Today is my last day in this building. That's half YAYAYAAYAYAYAY and half BOOOOOOOOO. I'm disappointed that I won't be working on a project with this team, but based on the strange behavior on the part of the company I'm leaving, I'm thinking there are some sticky politics that I'm glad to be able to wash my hands of.

For example, the email my current boss sent to the team announcing that I'm leaving said that I accepted a role outside the big company we work for, which isn't true. Yes, I've accepted a role with another firm, but she knows perfectly well that I'll still be working AT the big company and really, my relationship with the big company will be no different than it is now -- I will be consulting, but as an employee of a different firm.

Lame.

But maaaan...that drama won't rain on my parade because I am SO EXCITED about this new job. I was filling out the tax paperwork and signing a bunch of stuff and I kept wanting to pinch myself because it's all just TOO awesome to be true.

I'm thrilled to have them and from everything I've heard, they're equally thrilled to have me. It's really flattering to not only be qualified for the job, but to have the right DNA for the job...because there's a difference.

2. In other news, GO GIANTS! If you're my Facebook friend you've seen this picture of the Giants shirt I broke down and bought the other day:



My brothers and I have decided that I need to wear the shirt AND the pearls for each of the games. The outfit repeats will be a tall order, but I'll do the best I can.

The thing I love most about all the Giants hubbub is that HOLY COW, you guys -- the energy and the sense of community is awesome! I've been seeing orange all over the place (and not just because it's nearly Halloween, I swear) and it's like the entire bay area is united in the GO GIANTS sentiment.

Suddenly, I care about baseball.

For the last month or so, anyway.

I'm a fair weather fan and I admit it. I'll totally go to a Giants game even when they're not winning though so I'm not THAT bad. I like the all-American'ness of the games. I like paying $6 for a Diet Coke too.

3. Tonight's Agenda: Boot camp. Even though I don't want to.

Tomorrow's Agenda: Another Dailey Method workout followed by a meeting at Starbucks where I'll return my work computer and badge to my old agency. The afternoon will be spent at my leisure and then I'll be going down the street to kick it with the neighbors and look at my across-the-street neighbor's Burning Man pictures.

Saturday's Agenda: More Dailey Method followed by an afternoon of my friend Nolanne, a student estitician, practicing things on my face.

Sunday's Agenda: Another tennis lesson followed by a Halloween BBQ at my friend Jenn's house, where I've been advised that the menu is very specific and Halloween'y and that no, for reals, I shouldn't bring anything. Interesting!

Monday's Agenda: More Dailey Methoding and then a spa day! WOO HOO!

Tuesday's Agenda: FIRST DAY AT MY NEW JOB YAYAYAYAYAAYAYAYAY!

As you can see, I'm quite busy with the exercising and the beautifying.

4. That's all for now, peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive