Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Playing the "How Do Those People Know Each Other" game with the internet.

The Scene:

I was sitting in my car, outside the post office.

Two Mormon missionaries in all their 19-year-old-in-bike-helmets-and-short-sleeved-shirts adorableness ride up and lock their bikes on the rack.

I remain in my car, talking on the phone.

They linger outside the door to the post office until...

A biker rides up on his Harley and dismounts and the two missionaries smile and walk over to him.

The three men shake hands and have a friendly conversation and had all clearly arrived at the post office to meet up with each other.

A couple minutes later, I get out of my car and head into the post office.

I emerge approximately five minutes later and the three men and the three bikes (two of the bicycle variety and one of the hog variety) are all gone.

Internet, I ask you: What in the heck were they all doing there?

1 comment:

  1. I have no answer to your question however I do have a side story. I was killing some time on Saturday with the house to myself and felt like finishing a bad movie I started watching (Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny). It was hot and my windows were open and maybe the volume on the TV was a little loud. Near the end of the movie there is a knock on my door. I left the movie playing and answered. It was missionaries and they could hear every F bomb out of Jack Black's mouth. I moved outside and closed the door but windows were open and I could still hear the movie. We had a brief discussion and they went on their way. Maybe they'll have stories to tell about the Fbomb movie heroes that were fighting the devil in the end with rock and roll...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive