Wednesday, June 30, 2010

It's been a busy 24 hours!

0. I'm too lazy to re-number but I want to keep this in chronological order so I'm jumping back up to tell you that on Saturday night I went to a Dancing on the Avenue (a street fair in Willow Glen that has also been dubbed "Drinkin' on Lincoln") pre-party at Lauren and Marilyn's GORGEOUS new house. They haven't moved in yet but GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY, it's lovely. My favorite part is that instead of ripping out the palm tree, the previous owners just built the deck around it!



The whole Dancing on the Avenue thing was kind of a bust, but Lauren and I did enjoy playing a new game: How Many Non-Douchebags Can We Spot?

Rules: Men over 50 or men with obvious wives and children don't count.

Our total count ended up at ZERO.

At one point I found an iPhone on the ground and couldn't locate its owner in my immediate vicinity (the wallpaper had a gaggle of blonde chicks so I asked each blonde chick around me if one of them was her) so I put it in my pocket and figured I'd wait for someone to call.

Fast forward a couple hours and I realized the blonde chick had missed a call so I called the number back and got the blonde chick's boyfriend who passed the phone to her and OMG I SAVED HER LIFE.

They came to find me and I was thrilled that she was so thrilled, we hugged and I wished for good karma (though I think wishing for good karma might kill the good karma, but so be it).

And then there was something involving tequila and a bar that used to be a pizza parlor that we were butthurt to have been invited to by one of Lauren's flames, only to be ditched 30 minutes later.

1. I went to the Junior League open house last night and ended up joining. I was pretty sure I was going to but I wanted to show up and get a feel for it before giving them my money.

They had an ice breaker that required everyone to share her name and what TV show she'd like to be on and why (lame?). I went first and I said that my name was Elizabeth and I'd like to be on The Amazing Race because I want to see stuff that I can't see on old lady tours.

I was surprised that in a room of 50 people, I was the ONLY one who wanted to be on TAR. The BIG BIG BIG winner of the evening??

The Real Housewives of NY or NJ!

Really, you guys?

I mean, I LOVE THOSE SHOWS but would I want to actually get caught up in that bullshit???

N-O.

And yet, I joined the JL anyway.

2. I went to my very first Bikram yoga class this morning and BOY HOWDY, did it take it out of me! I was doing just fine until the dizziness and nausea they warned me about kicked in and then WOW...I had to FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS on not tossing my cookies.

I was kind of in a daze on my drive home but all of a sudden I was OVERCOME with the desire for McDonald's breakfast and NOTHING WAS GOING TO STOP ME. That sausage egg mcmuffin, hash browns and GIANT diet coke were TASTY.

3. I had time for a quick shower and then a phone interview and then I had to RUSH RUSH RUSH over to my sweet nephew's SWIMMING LESSON! It's only 30 minutes of Baby and Laverne swimming around in the pool with other moms and babies but...if you haven't already noticed...I kinda love that baby and I think everything he does is amazing. BESIDES, as I told my brother, I want to support his Olympic aspirations.



4. And oh, btw, the other thing I have to report is that I found a new job! And I start on Tuesday! And I'm really excited about it!

The turnaround was freakishly quick because I called one of the contacts I made during my last period of unemployment and BADA BING, she happened to have a perfect opportunity for me just sitting right there on her desk and they wanted to move fast so two phone interviews later, my ass is employed again!

It's with the same company but since there are like 60,000 employees it's not like I'll have to even SEE the people involved in last week's fiasco.

But sure, Company, I'd love to make more money to work in what sounds like might be a great organization!

Tomorrow's Agenda:

A. Sign the contract for the new job.

B. Yoga again

C. Some sort of free wine/music event at one of the local wineries

Tonight's Agenda:

GO TO BED EARLY.

It's only 6PM otherwise I'd go to bed now. That yoga kicked my butt.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job!!! YAY!! :)

    So what's Junior League anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um I will totally try out for the Amazing Race with you...that's the only reality show I've ever wanted to be on.

    I cannot believe that "The Real Housewives" was the winner...c'mon JL you're not helping with the stereotyping!

    Bree-Junior League is a service organization for women...volunteer in the community and throw social events to raise $$$. Early childhood development is a big "theme" for the volunteer and funding $$$, The Wonder Cabinet in the Discovery Museum was a signature project for JLSJ for several years (for example). But ladies also join for professional networking reasons, which I believe is more EH's motivation, to help grow S&D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, ok gotcha! Thanks Leslie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally want to be on TAR too! Love that show. Maybe we should apply together and be the blogger couple who has never actually met each other. That might make good tv...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive