Tuesday, June 1, 2010

100 Pounds of BULLSHIT

1. I would like to point out that the Leslie's Bedroom Photo of the Day outfit and the Old Apartment Lobby Photo of the Day are actually two different dresses and two different sweaters.

2. My Saturday at the spa was nice but the lady doing my treatment did not respect my silent journey AT ALL. Chatterbox!

3. I went to SF on Sunday to show my apartment to six people but ONE BY ONE, the first four cancelled so I ended up spending two hours just killing time. Luckily, the last two did actually show up and both were contenders...let's see if either of them send me their applications!

4. There was this other chick who was DYING to see the apartment but was flying in from Atlanta on Monday afternoon and was leaving on Thursday morning and the only time I'd be able to show her the apartment was Monday afternoon and I hemmed and hawwed over whether or not I should drive my ass back up there to show it to her but decided that I would because A) maybe she'd take it! and B) "I just don't wanna" didn't seem like a good enough excuse.

So I drive up there and she shows up with her boyfriend (I think the place is too small for two people but I've had bunches of interested couples) and they were inside for all of 30 seconds when we have the following conversation:

BF: You allow dogs, right?

Me: Yep.

BF: Great! I have a 100 pound dog.

Me: You're kidding me.

BF: No! He's 100 pounds. He's huge. He's really old though.

GF: He doesn't really move around much.

Me: There's just nooooo way. The HOA limit is 30 pounds.

BF: He's more than three times that size. But really, he's old. He doesn't move.

Me: There's just nooooooooo way.

GF: What's an HOA?

Me: The Homeowners Association.

GF: Hmm. Do you think other buildings will have the same rules?

Me: Uh, probably.

BF: Are you kidding?

Me: UM, NO.

GF: Sorry...I guess I didn't read the ad that closely.

BF: You didn't come up all the way up here just for us, did you? (I told them I live 50 miles south)

Me: Yes, actually I did.

BF: Wow. Sorry.

Me: GOOD LUCK WITH FINDING A LANDLORD IN SF WHO WILL ALLOW A 100 POUND DOG!

And then I went next door to bitch to my neighbor because FOR REALS YOU GUYS, who moves a 100 pound dog to San Francisco?!?!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive