Monday, May 24, 2010

Weekend 1-10

1. Whoa, it's Monday already. How did that happen?

2. I went out for too many margaritas with a coworker on Friday night and this is extra exciting because it was the first happy hour with a coworker I've had since I started at this company NINETEEN MONTHS AGO.

I can't figure out if it's this group, this company, or just my own "I am old and I need to go to the gym, eat my WW-friendly dinner and watch TV before I go to bed at a reasonable hour" mindset that has developed over the last few years.

I like being organized and prepared and on track and all these things, but I need to remember that because I am organized and prepared and on track, it's okay to do things after work sometimes. I am not 75.

3. After margaritas I came home and prepped a few of the multiple recipes I was working on for my surprisingly fun and successful Stella & Dot launch party.

4. Then I got up BRIGHT AND EARLY so I could be extra prepared and ready and not rushed for the party the next day.

5. And then we partied and accessorized and I came very close to reaching the "no way will I ever sell that much at my own party" goal. Mike did most of the work though:



6. And then I took twelve seconds to relax before re-accessorizing and heading out for Kathy's birthday dinner where I, for the first time ever, sent my meal back. It was the most disappointing Chinese chicken salad ever in the history of the world so I traded it in for the same chicken Christa had and was raving about.

7. Then I got up BRIGHT AND EARLY on Sunday morning so I could be beautiful and accessorized for an S&D training session about an hour away. It was informative and encouraging and OH MY GOD YOU GUYS I'M GOING TO ROCK THIS!

8. AND THEN I went to Target to get some business supplies AND THEN I went home and sat on my couch and organized my S&D world. AND THEN I put seven million dollars worth of jewelry samples in my cart because I have a bunch of trunk shows coming up (!!!!) and I want to be READY! I'll be pulling that trigger this afternoon.

9. AND THEN I watched the NY Housewives (OMG the crazy was crazier than normal) and Lost (OMG WHAT HAPPENED? I STILL DON'T GET IT!) AND THEN...finally...after the busiest weekend I've had in I don't even know how long, I went to bed.

10. And now it's Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive