Monday, May 17, 2010

Not my best work, but I wanted to spread the word about the ART!

Walkera and I spent Saturday night having dinner at Joanie and Shannon's new house in Livermore. There was wine and bread and cheese and a lot of meat and I think I gained 75 pounds because I couldn't stop shoving the food in my mouth.





And omg mojitos!



Made with mint fresh from their garden!



We even had lettuce wraps (and tri-tip and ribs because why not??) made with that butter lettuce!

Somewhere between mojitos and lettuce wraps was the tour. And ohhhhhhh, what a tour it was. The owner of this house let her CHILDREN make the decor choices, thus the wide and vast sea of green granite in the kitchen (with matching walls) and OMG AN OCTOPUS BATHROOM!



There were tentacles on the walls facing and behind the toilet and they disappeared somewhere behind the shower curtain. It was kinda cool though and I am supportive of doing something crazy with the bathroom because WHY NOT?

I'm less enthused by the penis and vagina she painted on her son's bedroom wall:



It was a very ornate mural based on a picture her son drew and involved a boat and a diver and A PENIS AND A VAGINA.

It's certainly a conversation piece though and now sweet baby Grady gets to sleep under the sea of love!

After dinner we retired to the (normally painted) dining room for a couple rounds of Mexican Train:



I had no idea such a game existed, but whaddaya know? It does! I'm not really sure what makes it a Mexican train versus just a regular, non-culturally specific one but okay, whatever. We were playing with an actual Mexican and she was down with it, so why spend too much time on debating a more politically correct name?

And then when we were finished riding the Mexican train, Walkera and I cruised back down to the 408 and I somehow agreed to join her for Bikram yoga this week, which will more than likely kill me.

Ergo, I went to Livermore and now I might die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive