Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I am on my way to my silent journey.

Okay so that spa that I was dying to go to? I just booked it for my birthday weekend -- for like half the price -- because who in the hell wants to go to the desert in the summer??

ME!

Lemongrass ice wrap? SIGN ME UP.

They just called me to see what time I'd be arriving and to make sure I knew I could give them a grocery list so I didn't have to leave the resort if I didn't want to.

For August?

Yep. They're very organized.

79 days and counting.

And for the record, I told her I'd be arriving at 4 or 5, which probably means I should see how long it'll take me to drive from San Jose to Desert Hot Springs.

Answer: About 8 hours, assuming I detour around LA.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious. Especially since I've been running errands in drizzle today. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Glad you booked it, sounds like you really needed it.

    I meant to mention this earlier, so apologies for the delay. But next time, if you want someplace to check out that is very zen, but closer, look into Tassajara Hot Springs (East/inland from Monterey). Beautiful place, a Buddhist Zen center with meditation classes during the day, hot springs and nature walks, and AH-MAZING vegetarian cuisine (you won't miss the meat, I promise).

    http://www.sfzc.org/tassajara/

    ReplyDelete
  3. As there is no electricity in our guest rooms, kerosene lamps are used for light. Bathing facilities are in the bathhouse, and all cabins and rooms have a private toilet and sink except as noted.

    I want a silent journey -- not a DARK one! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive