Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Things

1. I reallyreallyreallyreally need to get away and I found a place in Desert Hot Springs (THANKS TINKA!) that would totally fit the ticket but they have a one week cancellation policy and I have no idea if I'll still want to drive all that way and be by myself 10 days from now (I was shooting for Memorial Day weekend). I think I'm going to give it a week and if they still have a room available in a week and I'm still feeling like I want to go somewhere and be alone and sweat my frustrations out, I'll hightail it down to the desert.

But right now, Internet? I've never wanted to go sit by a quiet pool in 100 degree heat as much as I do now.

Alternatively, I'm going to make a big neon sign that says LEAVE! ME! ALONE! and wear it until I feel like talking to people again.

I was looking for places to escape to and I found this hippie place somewhere or other that would give you a badge to wear that said something like "I am on a silent journey" or whatever but it was supposed to indicate that you weren't being rude to your fellow retreaters...you were just there to not talk.

And seriously, I found myself thinking that sounded awesome.

I neeeeeeeeeeeeed something to restore my peace and confidence and roll-with-it attitude.

2. Speaking of, my car was broken into last night.

WHOOOOOPIE!!!

Except I must not have locked the doors (sometimes I don't) because THANKFULLY, no glass was broken. I did have a box of dresses to mail back to wherever I bought them from (which I intended to do yesterday at lunch but I got distracted) and they took the dresses but left the box on my neighbor's front lawn. I figure the couple hundred bucks of lost dresses but the no-broken-glass are a wash...with the added bonus of not actually having to deal with the hassle of the broken glass.

So whatever. It's my fault. I shouldn't have left an empty Rubbermaid bin in the back seat over night. I can deal with it.

The other silver lining is that I've been meaning to get my car detailed but I've been dragging my feet. I'm glad the bad guy cooties are all over my already dirty car instead of a virgin clean car and this is now an excellent reason to GO DO THAT ALREADY.

So I don't care about the dresses. I am more annoyed that they stole my phone charger and mp3 jack cord thing and my (dirty, sweaty running) ear buds because now I have to go to the damn Apple store...and even MORE annoyed that they stole the directions to my grandmother's grave.

I had a ziploc bag with the directions, a tire pressure gauge and my St Christopher medal (Walkera, the one you gave me 100 years ago!) -- all holdouts from my last car's center console but since I don't have a center console anymore, I had these things bagged up and in the sunglass holder thing. Why bother taking any of that?

The directions are just a little map from the cemetary office where the lady highlighted the route to the grave and it's not a HUGE BIG DEAL or anything because they're easily replaced, but that's the thing that chaps my hide the most.

3. So yeah...that plus all the rest of blah blah blah I've had on my mind = I NEED TO GO SIT BY A POOL IN THE DESERT AND SWEAT IT OUT!

4. On the other hand, I have my first Stella & Dot trunk show booked!! And my "launch party" is this weekend!! And my nephew continues to be the most wonderful thing EVER!! And I've been KICKING ASS AND TAKING NAMES with Weight Watchers these days!!

And I'm lucky in a million ways.

(But a weekend in the desert would still make me feel good.)

2 comments:

  1. OH! You know when you mentioned it on FB -I was wondering if it was the same one (was not sure you still had it)...BUMMED!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok don't worry, I too will respect your silent journey-that's why at your jewelry party I wont speak to you, don't worry!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive