Friday, May 21, 2010

Seattle Grace

I spent my Thursday night sitting on the couch, drinking Diet 7Up, eating cheese and watching allllll the Tivo'd episodes of Grey's Anatomy that have been feeling less and less loved every time I forsake them for an episode of whichever Housewives happens to be there.

I posted something to FB about the first episode I watched because WHOA, I was identifying with Christina like crazy. You want the man you love to do something that he is being stubborn about even though the correct decision is SO CLEAR to you? You have to stop telling him what you want him to do and start telling him how you feel and let him make his own damn decision.

Carpenter jeans, anyone?

(Or also that one other thing that is a significant contributor to my OMG GET ME TO THE DESERT SO I CAN GO ON MY SILENT JOURNEY RIGHT NOW drama.)

I told FB that I was relating to an episode of Grey's Anatomy but then I realized that oh crap -- I'm like five episodes behind -- what if in last week's episode someone announced a weird fetish or there something horrible and unflattering that I wouldn't want people to think I was referring to??

So I clarified:

I'm relating to this episode of Grey's Anatomy. It's an old episode though so if someone became a hooker or started abusing prescription medication in the most recent episode, that's not what I'm relating to.

But then an episode or two later (they blur) there was a really fat guy who had a nasty infection between his folds of fat that he didn't know about because he was SO FAT and SHIIIT! I didn't want people to think THAT'S what I was relating to so I re-clarified:

Still catching up on Grey's Anatomy. I'd like to clarify my previous status update: I'm not relating to the really fat guy with the infection under his belly flap either.

AND THEN there was ANOTHER episode that hit home -- the old people who fell in love as youngins but married other people, lived separate lives and then ran into each other at the hospital like 50 years later. He was like "OMG MOVE IN WITH ME!" and she was like "Sorry dude, it's soooo nice to see you but I had to get over you when you married that other lady...my family is here...I can't move to the east coast with you" and I was like "HOW SAD BUT OMG I FEEL YOU, GIRL!"

The good news is that last night's episode (the season finale, I think?) didn't have anything to do with my life. But Mom, if a dead patient's husband goes on a shooting spree at your hospital and starts killing people so he can get back at Patrick Dempsey, PLEASE BE SURE to tell him that you're a nurse and not a doctor because then he won't kill you.

My next post will be about things that have happened in MY life...not on TV.

I swear.

Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive