Friday, May 14, 2010

BPOTD



I don't feeeeeel as dull as this outfit looks. I bought these earrings 100 years ago -- from somewhere exotic that I HATE that I can't remember -- but I've only worn them a couple of times and you can't see them at all in that picture so HERE:



Crow's feet! YAY!

(Or is it crows' feet? Or crows feet? I'm too lazy to Google but I'm sure you're judging me alot anyway.)

The big pisser today is that the Diet Dr Pepper machine was FINALLY restocked with DDP (seriously, only two rows of DDP and SIX of Diet Pepsi? Even though the Diet Pepsi NEVER runs out because EW!) so I fed my $.65 into the machine and it only registered that I'd inserted $.35 and it wouldn't give me any of my coins back so I walked my ass back to my desk to get $.30 MORE and when I got back -- like 60 seconds later -- my $.35 credit was GONE GONE GONE and my $.30 got me NOWHERE.

A-R-G-H.

In other news, I crashed a Stella & Dot party last night and have determined that I need MORE MORE MORE samples! There were a bunch of things that I didn't look twice at on the site but when I saw them in real life, had to be added to my I NEEEEEED THAT list. Luckily, as a newbie, I have the chance to get a bunch of free stuff in my first 100 days so I've gotta get crackin' so I can BRING ON THE BLING.

Bonus: I met a chick at the trunk show who had just sold her first book and she got me ALL FIRED UP to sit down and make that same thing happen for myself. I'm excited about the possibility, anyway.

I've been thinking about the jewelry and the books and how A WEEK AGO I was getting excited about the office DDP machine being restocked (wait...that was today...but you know what I mean) and now I'm excited about making things happen for myself that are actually INTERESTING.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the people I work with and I do actually, for the most part, like my job (DON'T GET THE WRONG IDEA, UNIVERSE!), but this has been a rough week and I can't help but daydream about other stuff. I used to wish I was a nail polish salesperson because that sounded like something I could talk about with authority. Maybe jewelry is the new nail polish?!!?

Or maybe all the new Pampered Chef or Creative Memories people get just as excited and in six months I'll be looking back and feeling foolish?

2 comments:

Blog Archive