Monday, May 10, 2010

Things

1. Last week, Internet?

It was a WEEK.

I'm glad it's over, I'm glad I have things to be glad about, I'm glad to have NEW! SECRET! EXCITING! things to look forward to too.

Not *my* secret exciting things to blab about, but secret exciting things nonetheless.

2. But speaking of last week, it started out with Christa listening to me cry about my own drama and it ended with me listening to Christa cry about her drama. I thought my crap was pretty big, but she totally kicked my ass in the shitty things to cry about department. The good news is that both of our dramas have settled down and I don't mean to be all "Bad things that I don't really want to talk about were going on last week" but my point here is that it is SO SO SO SO wonderful to have a posse who will drop everything and circle the wagons when necessary.

We've only really had to circle one time before but the state-wide swiftness of the "OMG I'LL PUT ON A BRA AND BE RIGHT THERE" was impressive.

We spent the tail end of last week on red alert but I'm very glad to report that by Saturday night I was mooning Christa and Jeff in the BART parking lot and 90 minutes later I was getting hugs from and discussing dinosaurs with Allison and Iggy's tiny daughters.

3. About Saturday night: I feel like Lauren and I should adopt the whole "three hour tour" part of the Gilligan's Island theme as our own theme song. It was not the first simple, straightforward afternoon we've spent together that turned out to be neither simple nor straightforward, but did end up being 10 times more entertaining than originally intended.

The lesson here is twofold:

A. Never think "I'm gonna hold it until we get to Christa's house" because you might have been given the wrong key and end up being unsuccessful in all attempts to break in.

B. Roll with the punches and it'll all be okay.

4. In other news:

a. I did confirm that Saturday's 5k time was THREE MINUTES faster than the last 5k I ran back in November. I cooled it with the running after that November race because I was starting to not enjoy myself so I went back to the drawing board and started the Couch to 5k training program. My goal was to gradually ramp back up to running the distances I had already achieved, hopefully increasing my speed as I went.

So the three minute thing makes me think it worked! I'm THRILLED THRILLED THRILLED that I'm running about a 13:30 average mile, but even better than that, when I passed the one mile mark I was only at 12:30, which is a full two minutes faster than the 14:30 mile I ran the very first time I ever ran a whole mile without stopping.

That first time I thought I was going to DIE but that 12:30 wasn't even a push.

YAY!

Inspirational artwork at the elementary school where the race started and ended:



b. My wonderful, perfect nephew's uncle on his mother's side is one of those musical genius types and can play an instrument just by picking it up and trying. He's a beautiful piano player too and it appears that Baby has the same genes:



The clapping is new. My heavy breathing and annoying voice are not new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive