Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Not my crab captain of choice, but I still love me some Captain Phil...

I was shocked when I heard that Captain Phil died and had been "looking forward to" seeing how the show would handle it. The story has been headed in that direction for the last four or five episodes but last night was the night he finally died. On TV, anyway.

I was pleased to see multiple TV critics write about how wonderful (and heartbreaking) the episode was because I was watching the whole set-to-Johnny-Cash part and thinking that DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN, somebody had better win an Emmy for this.

But this part of the Gawker editorial KILLS ME:

We all dread being on the receiving end of that call, every day. Even when your loved ones are healthy, every time your phone rings unexpectedly, it's a little torture about what surprise might be hanging on the other end of the line that will change everything forever.

Because this is 100% me.

Every time the phone rings too early or too late, my heart stops for a minute.

1 comment:

  1. I have this fear and since mom just went in the hospital AGAIN it has escalated to panic proportions.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive