Thursday, November 12, 2009

Things

Here's what I have to report today:

1. My tenant emailed me to tell me that the fridge is dead. This is a bummer but really, those appliances are old so I'm really not surprised AND she's going out of town tomorrow and said that she didn't mind if I replaced it while she was gone or if I had it delivered Wednesday afternoon when she gets home. Sooooo, I'll be spending my Saturday afternoon at Sears, investigating new fridges.

**EDIT** I just went looking around Home Depot and Sears' websites and I think this might be more difficult than I thought. Crap. I'm trying not to stress out about it but if the websites are to be believed, the fridges that meet my needs (color, style, size and under a thousand dollars) don't appear to be available to be delivered in time, which is LAME because "in time" = six days from now!

Soooo, I guess I'll be spending my evening at Sears, hoping for the best.

2. I'm doing the Mermaid 5k on Saturday. My goal is to finish in less than 50 minutes...because I'm a speed runner, obviously.

3. I'm having a day that makes me want to go home, sit on the couch and bury my head in Chinese food and Butterfingers.

AND DO YOU KNOW WHY, Internet? Because I was a poor planner and didn't pack a lunch today and I was rushed this morning so I skipped breakfast which led to a poor eating decision which is now sitting like a rock in my stomach and making me half want to take the Chinese food and Butterfinger route and the other half NEVER EAT AGAIN.

The silver lining here is that I didn't PIG OUT or anything so I'm glad to recognize that my body just does not enjoy having greasy breakfast foods in my stomach. I'm getting better at caring about the consequences *before* I say FUCK IT!

In fact, maybe even just thinking about that makes me feel better and less BLAH and that the whole day is not shot afterall.

4. But blah anyway because I still have refrigerator stress.

5. And blah because I can't go run the grease out of me after work because of the refrigerator.

6. So stress leads to blah which leads to stress which leads to blah.

Oh my.

Time to quit my pity party, for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Have you checked out Western Appliance (on San Carlos)? They have some good deals and often times will have something in stock so you can buy it then and there without waiting.... I think my dad might have bought something from Best Buy for his renters recently too - so another place to check out....

    Good luck! Why aren't you having your dad help you out? I'm sure he would LOVE this sort of thing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally thought of Western Appliance because I know my dad is a fan and I like supporting local businesses but I need this fridge to be delivered to SF.

    I ended up finding one that meets my needs at Sears AND that could be delivered on Saturday, which is double awesome. In terms of "spending big money on boring things" anyway...

    And my dad is totally willing to help with the waiting-for-the-delivery-guy part but I've learned that we have different decision criteria when it comes to home-related purchases. Like, if I left it to him, I'd probably end up with a white fridge in my beige kitchen because and who cares if it's a glaring sore thumb if it does the job?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive