Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Fatshions

I present to you, DRESS SHOPPING WITH ELIZABETH!

My friend Alyssa is getting married on New Year's Eve and my brother is getting married on New Year's Day. Therefore, I need TWO dresses because:

A. What if I spill on NYE?
B. Facebook will know that I wore the same dress two days in a row, and I can't have THAT!

Soooo, I've been on the lookout for dresses for a month or so and have found four that I like and have been able to narrow those down to TWO. Perfect! Now my only problem is in deciding which to wear to Alyssa's wedding and which to wear to my brother's wedding. I thought I knew but then my mom LOVES the dress I was going to wear to Alyssa's wedding so I just don't know.

So here they are, in order of how much I like them...

This one is being returned, so don't tell me that you love it:



It is fun and gold and has a FRINGE! But it's also a bit too sausagey and not as pretty as the two winners.

Also being returned:




It was better than option #1, but still not a winner. I did like the gold and black burnout though:



THIS is the dress I want to wear to my brother's wedding:




I love the fabric and the cut and it's just totally awesome. I'd *prefer* that it was a v-neck instead of that boat neck so I might see if a tailor can fix that for me, but if not, I like it enough as-is.

I really didn't think I'd like this one and that it wouldn't flatter me, but I tried it on and WHOA! I kinda like it! And it has sleeves!



It's hard to see the ruffles in that picture but LOOK HOW CUTE:




So now I have until December 31st to make up my mind...

(And OMG YOU GUYS THOSE DRESSES ARE IN SIZES I HAVEN'T SEEN IN YEARS!!!)

2 comments:

  1. Ohh yes I love the last two! Those ruffles?? I'm dying from the cuteness!

    (and the red shoes? those deserve a Stacy London : "Shut UP!")

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much do personal shoppers at Nordstrom make? Because, seriously, you could be a stylist/shopper for so many people! You have an amazing sense of fashion, and you're the type of person who wouldn't tell someone they look cute just for the sake of selling something.

    And I'd totally be in line to be your first client.

    (and p.s. - YAHOO on the smaller sizes!)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive