Thursday, November 12, 2009

Checking my progress...

I went to look up my 2009 resolutions so I could see exactly how far behind I was in my book reading goal and IMAGINE MY SURPRISE when I realized that I'm actually within reach of achieving all of these!

1. Read 15 books
2. Make an effort to look friendlier
3. Move back to the 408
4. Lose 30 pounds

#2 is because my just-sitting-there face isn't pretty AT ALL and I know that I look cranky even when I'm not at all and I realized that when I smile at someone from the just-sitting-there state what is a decent smile in MY mind, really only counteracts the downturn of my mouth and the smile ends up making me look neutral.

SO, I decided that I should try to walk around with that smile on my face so that I'd look neutral and then if I ever wanted to actually smile at anyone, I should cheese it up and then that would just look like a regular smile.

I *have* been doing this so CHECK!

3. CHECK! I was even telling my mom that I don't think I'll ever move back into that apartment and that I should sell it and buy something in the 408 instead. We'll see how all that works out, but I'm not selling it for at least a couple of years. It does bum me out that someone else gets to live in my beautiful little apartment, but I really like her so I hope she feels at home there.

4. I'm at like 24 pounds lost so now I'm extra motivated to get rid of those last six in the next seven or so weeks. Totally possible, even with the holidays and my lazy one-pound-a-week Weight Watcher style.

1. This is the one I have to work the hardest at. I've only read eight books so far this year:

Confessions of a Tax Collector (Interesting! And also puts the fear of an audit in me!)

Life With My Sister Madonna (WAH WAH WAH!)

Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination (L-A-M-E)

Sum (Weird and not really great or anything, but it frequently sparks conversation between me and my brother, who also read it and had a similar opinion -- that the author really must be insane.)

It Sucked and Then I Cried (Good, but blog is better.)

Think Like a Man, Act Like a Lady (I'VE BEEN DOING IT WRONG THIS WHOLE TIME!)

Pretty in Plaid (Jen Lancaster gets more and more full of herself with each book she writes.)

Motion of the Ocean (I don't really have anything to say about this one, but I don't want it to feel left out of the commentary in parentheses.)

Currently Reading: Idiot Girl and the Flaming Tantrum of Death

In Summary:

9 books (including the one I'm currently reading)

2 fiction (except I think that Sum book is actually in the spirituality category or something)

6 memoirs (always my favorite)

1 self help (I think this is the only self help book I've ever read!)

So now I have seven weeks to hit 15. I don't think it's possible, but you never know.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's so cool that you actually check in on your New Year's Resolution progress.

    You have inspired me to make a couple year end resolutions --

    Before year end
    I will lose 10 lbs
    Buckle down at work
    Get my back door fixed

    these are all doable if I put my mind to it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of making year-end resolutions!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive