Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Favorite People

My magical photo-to-blog-post thing isn't working these days and usually the pictures aren't anything that I MUST! SHOW! THE! INTERNET! so I don't worry about reposting but this one is worth the effort:




If you didn't know, I adore those two.

She is getting less and less cranky and even had a smile for Aunt Elizabeth yesterday.

He is getting more and more charming by the minute, which I wouldn't have thought was possible since he has had me wrapped around his little finger since the day he was born and held onto my finger.

He loves baseball. LOVES baseball. My parents keep a yard stick by the front door for all their poking-at-things needs (which come up pretty frequently, believe it or not) and now that they are grandparents to a young man who ends up rolling toys under the couch, it has extra value. An unexpected value: My baseball loving nephew uses it as a bat (don't tell Grandpa) and gets into a batter's stance and swings (sorta...more like a golf swing than a baseball swing though) at his ball and then runs across the living room and "slides."

It's hilarious. But the part that BLOWS MY MIND at how observant he is? He has recently started putting socks on his hands as batting gloves.

He kills me dead.

And then tack on how sweet and loving he is to everyone, but especially to his baby cousin, and if I wasn't already dead from everything else he does, I'd die twice from how sweet he is to her.

1 comment:

  1. I love how serious he is in that picture-he's like "don't bother me, I'm busy holding this little lady

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive