Monday, June 6, 2011

Farah

So I have this (faux) cousin Farah who is an actress and singer in NY and she's doing a show here in CA right now, which is something I've already told you.

That chick is a SINGER, but I thought that all the fancy Broadway singers were SINGERS because she's the only fancy Broadway singer I know. There's been a fair amount of press flying around about her lately (or maybe there always is, but it's only recently being emailed to me by various family members?) that calls her out as being a belter, but again, I thought that was everybody who made a living that way.

Except then I went to go see opening night of her show on Saturday and I realized that DUDE! The other people in this show can sing, but Farah was the only SINGER! She only had one big, belty number but she was the only one who had one at all.

Here's one of the WHOA! items that has ended up in my in-box lately:



And Natalie, I thought you'd be interested in this one because they're talking about her time as a Pink Lady:

http://www.playbill.com/multimedia/video/4536.html

So, Internet...here are the points I'm trying to make on a hazy (outside and in my brain) Monday morning:

1. I've always known Farah kicked some ass and was a fantastic, entertaining performer, but I've only recently realized that she is in a league of her own. She has always been my bar for professional stage performers and I'm just now figuring out that she set the bar exceptionally high.

2. I'm proud of her.

3. I'm proud that she is not only an exceptional singer, but she's also an exceptional friend. It's a shame that her father's death is what brought us closer together, but there's nothing like a tragedy to remind you who your people are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive