Sunday, May 29, 2011

PITY PARTY, PARTY OF ONE!

Okay so despite my badassery yesterday and the YAY, I LOVE MY LIFE-ness I had going on last week, I'm having a pretty frustratingly crappy holiday weekend.

I couldn't find any trouble to get into on Thursday night, I was laying low on Friday night in preparation for my big hike on Saturday morning, my Saturday night plans got canceled and I couldn't find a backup, which is sorta okay because I was in pain from the hiking but I also really just wanted someone to hang out with because I nursed my hiking wounds with multiple episodes of Dexter and I freaked myself out but whatever, I could get over it because I was going to get up early on Sunday and go to a Pure Barre class (similar but not equal to the Dailey Method classes I like so much -- I had a Groupon) and then I was going to bottomless mimosa brunch and day of bouncing around downtown with Lauren but then got an early morning cancellation from her because she was still feeling the hurt from the hiking and now here I am, sitting around, typing a really long run-on sentence and feeling sorry for myself on a Sunday afternoon that is really like a Saturday because nobody has to work tomorrow.

So what was going to be a busy weekend of things to do has suddenly fizzled out and even though my body hurts, I'm having trouble appreciating the downtime. Or maybe it's BECAUSE my body hurts, I'm feeling all pathetic and needy. And then beating myself up for feeling pathetic and needy.

1 comment:

  1. :'(...hope you're day turned around and that you are having a lovely Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive