Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Delinski's Fault

1. I finally finished reading Eat Pray Love. I didn't really like it and I was surprised that it was SUCH a hit because it went on and on about God. I totally get that America loves it some God, but I didn't think America would be so open to the idea of a not-specifically-Christian God. But blah blah blah, the last page turner I read involved spork-wielding squirrels in tutus so who am I to judge?

I had time to kill on Saturday so I took myself to the see the movie version and was totallllly disappointed. I may not have loved the book, but I thought the movie really did it a disservice. I know this is true of movies based on books in general, but it was like the Cliffs Notes version of the book except without any of the depth that made the story interesting. They changed a bunch of stuff too -- unnecessarily, if you ask me.

2. Ben and Sarah moved into their new house yesterday. I stopped by to spend 5 minutes supervising the installation of a new light fixture (a little to the left, now up, now down, now a little to the right) and to check out how AWESOME the place looks with the refinished floors and a fresh coat of paint.

3. My job is sort of in flux. Or, not really "in flux" but more like "over toward the end of next month." I'm working on my options but I couldn't help but fantasize for a second that it could magically work out that I'd have a week of downtime inbetween this gig and the next gig and that I could go on a $199 four night cruise of the Bahamas.

First Priority: Get a new job.

Second Priority: Go to the Bahamas. Not that I've ever particularly wanted to go to the Bahamas, but why not?

4. If someone were to say "Hey Elizabeth, how about we drop everything so we can go drink margaritas and eat chips and salsa?" I'd be powerless to resist.

5. I don't have anything else to say and I'm inclined to just scrap this post and try again tomorrow (like I have for the past few blog attempts) but Andrea tells me that she cries little tears when I don't post so if you got to the bottom of this post and wondered why I even bothered clicking publish, it's Andrea's fault.

4 comments:

  1. Yay to Andrea for guilting you into posting. Your fans appreciate it.

    I'd get chips and salsa with you - too bad there are 2,280 miles between us. (That's right, I just looked it up.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Not only a new post but also a mention in the new post. This one better make it into the book!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. That is why I totally skipped the Pray part of the book - loved the rest though.
    4. Happy Hour at Chevy's is Chips, Salsa, and Margarita for $3 - makes a very happy me. It's like they built a Chevy's across the street from me, just for me. Start driving Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not better in the Bahamas. But that's just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive