Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Things

1. My younger-than-me doctor's fly was down during my appointment this morning. I told her, she zipped up and we continued the conversation and I think she was a little embarrassed but she doesn't know me well enough to know that I understand that these things happen and that the embarrassing thing would be for me to NOT tell her.

2. My mother is totally going to say I TOLD YOU SO but it turns out my dramatically increased water consumption has, per my recent blood test, flushed me of a bit too much sodium. Oops. So now I need to cut my water down by HALF, which seems like A LOT. It's still twice as much as I had been drinking though so we'll see if I feel parched. On the other hand, she said that she's only concerned about water -- I don't have to count my daily Diet Dr Pepper in my ounce count.

PRAISE THE DDP!

3. I will also be due for a new tetanus shot in July, which means I'm still free to step on all the rusty nails I care to for the next few months.

4. I work with two Jennifers and I really like them both and our professional relationships have turned friendly and I feel comfortable calling both of them "Jen" except that one of them signs emails "Jen" and the other one is "Jenn" and I DREAD the day I incorrectly allocate an N.

5. WTF is THIS? The world's biggest pop star?




Luckily Gawker has published the Justin Beiber Guide for Old People.

I remember my mom being clueless to REALLY IMPORTANT stars like, um, MADONNA and how I couldn't understand how she could possibly not give a crap but fast forward 25 years and I can tell you for sure that my interest had been waning for a while but that I 100% stopped giving a crap in 2006. I know it was 2006 because that was the summer I starting working crazy hours and traveling all over CA and when I emerged from my stupor, there were people I'd never heard of on the cover of People and I never bothered to do any catching up.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU, THE HILLS!

This maturity gives me the right to roll my eyes at people who can rattle off Brad and Angelina's kids' names and ages. Unfortunately, it also puts me at a disadvantage for the celebrity baby name game I'll for sure encounter at the next baby shower I attend.

6. I'm not going to out the tweeter, but someone I know in real life just tweeted the following:

"I don't have a bluetooth headset so I just put my phone on speaker and stick it in my bra. It's odd but it works!"

G-E-N-I-U-S!

I'm 99% sure she has the same phone as I do so I'm going to give it a whirl sometime soon!

2 comments:

  1. 2. How much water were you drinking to flush out too much sodium? I say eat more bacon to even it out!

    5. That Gawker article was awesome. It made me accept that it's okay not to understand the Bieber phenomenon.

    6. My Vegas friends are bra phone holder girls for almost all occasions (not just speaker phone). I don't think I have enough boob to support my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, we do have the same phone-it is genius I tell you! Just make sure the speaker part you speak into is pointing towards your mouth or else the peeps you are talking to might have some trouble hearing you.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive