Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I'm going to tiptoe through the tulips.

1. The happy nutmeg chicken?

Just chicken.

Slightly tough chicken, actually, but I'm not sure if that was the chicken's fault or my own fault. I've roasted chickens before though and haven't experienced that issue so I'm leaning toward "happy chickens have some extra membraney stuff that must have been bred out of sad chickens."

But my main skeeve was that there were a couple of feather stubs left and the skin around the neck was a little to natural looking for me.

2. It's a lovely day but it's supposed to rain again this weekend, which is JUST IN TIME for my friends' Kristy and Jason to visit. Kristy wants to run the bridge with me though so if it's crappy and rainy maybe those DAMN TOURISTS will stay indoors.

(I actually don't mind tourists because they rarely venture out of their touristy areas and if I don't go to them, they don't come to me but last weekend's later-than-usual run meant I was in the thick of them, but I think we've already discussed that so MOVING ON!)

3. I am going to the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival in a week! It's on the list of 1,000 things to see in the US and Canada before I die and I had been planning a return visit to Seattle anyway so WHY NOT?

So not this coming Saturday but the next Saturday my fat ass will be on a five hour BIKE TOUR of the tulips. How sporty, right? It seemed like a better plan than repeating last Seattle trip's TWELVE POUND WEIGHT GAIN (that I'm still totally bitter about even though those 12 pounds are long gone).

4. And that's all I have for you today, Internet. I have boring work things to get done before I can go home and adore my nephew.

3 comments:

  1. I know Jason is looking forward to the trip! Team California needs to hug Team Idaho since Team NC can't do it. That's a big ol' group of fun right there if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought some running shoes just today so I could join you (as long as we're back in time for my conference). And, as it turns out, my parents and younger brother and his fiance are in Anacordes for the Tulip Festival this weekend.

    Cya tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wind and rain be damned! We're gonna run that bridge.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive