Thursday, December 10, 2009

Things

1. THE FINGER CROSSING WORKED!

I was talking to my boss yesterday and he was all "I don't know why I scheduled that meeting with you for the 22nd...I'll be on PTO...I'm gonna cancel it" and I was all "OMG I AM GOING TO STRANGLE YOU BECAUSE I HAD A HAIR APPOINTMENT BUT I CANCELED IT BECAUSE YOU SENT THAT MEETING REQUEST AND NOW I CAN'T GET ANOTHER APPOINTMENT AND MY BROTHER IS GETTING MARRIED AND I'M GOING TO HAVE BAD HAIR NOW AND OMG!!!!!!"

For reals.

He's a VERY cool boss though so he was all "OMG! I don't want to get in the way of your beautification! You NEED good hair for your brother's wedding!"

For reals. And he's not even gay. He's just a wholesome family man who used to be caught off guard by my candor but now he gets a kick out of it.

So I called the salon and asked PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE for my appointment back and THANKS TO ALL THE FINGER CROSSING, it was still available!

IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE, you guys!!!!

2. You know what is NOT a Christmas miracle?

The fact that my Christmas cards arrived and I realized that there's a TYPO and now I want to GOUGE MY EYES OUT. YAY for ordering really nice cards but BOOOOOOOO for ordering really nice cards that were sorta too expensive to justify re-ordering just because I'm missing an "s" so I'm gonna just OWN my typo.

So if you're one of the 65 people on my Christmas card list, just know that it hurts my heart to send you a typo, but that I can't NOT wish you a happy holiday season via the USPS.

3. My friend Sassy Sarah hosted an earring giveaway on her blog and OMG I WON! I'm a WIENER! So now I'm the lucky owner of these earrings THAT I LOVE:



I want to buy a pair as a Christmas gift but DAGNABBIT, I don't think the designer has any more. I've emailed her though just to see. I'd ask you all to cross your fingers for this too, but I feel like I've used up all my finger-crossing requests for the week.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, awesome about the hair appt!! Nice!

    Second of all, LOVE those earrings too!! Lemme know what the designer says :)

    and Finally, when I get your card that says "Merry Christma", I'll totally blame the company that did it and not you. Because that's what friends are for. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive