Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Things!

1. I only have one male first cousin and I've only met him once like twenty years ago, but if he ever reappears and we fall madly in love, I'm glad to know that I could marry him if I wanted to:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/26/garden/26cousins.html

I wouldn't even have to change my name!

2. This documentary about Japanese host clubs is FAS-CIN-A-TING:

The Great Happiness Space: Tale of an Osaka Love Thief

You think it's about one thing but then you start wondering how these chicks can afford to drop that kind of dough and then they tell you and OHHHHHHHH! It's all of a sudden it's a different movie.

Netflix it! STAT!

Also? This is just NOT my flavor:



3. Sidebar: Britney's hot hit If You Seek Amy just came up on shuffle and I'm reminded of when an anon friend was like "I don't get why people are all worked up about that song -- what's wrong with seeing Amy?" And I was all "Awwwwl, Puddin...been listening to the Radio Disney version?"

4. I've also been watching Carrier, a PBS reality series (documentary?) about life on the USS Nimitz during the current war.

I've gotta give it another FAS-CIN-A-TING. It makes me simultaneously glad and disappointed that I never joined the military.

It's also worth noting that for all the "We are fighting for our freedom, THIS IS FOR YOU, 9/11 VICTIMS!" interview clips they show, there are a solid number of "I don't really get the connection between 9/11 and what we're doing here...they're different people, aren't they?" and "I do not agree with our President, but it is my duty to do what he says" interviews.

Anyway...FASCINATING.

5. I was alllllllllll set to click PUBLISH and then I got an email alerting me to the fact that my pictures from the Mermaid Run I did a few weeks ago were ready.

Pictures?

So I looked at them and OH HOLY HELL.

You know how stupid you look in those roller coaster pictures where you don't know you're having your picture taken?

Well imagine THAT level of glamour PLUS the following:

* running
* sweating
* stretch pants

However good I felt about myself for running that damn thing IS NOTHING compared to all the pictures they sent me of a fat girl with seven chins and stretch pants.

This, my darling internet, is the LEAST bad one:

1 comment:

  1. >> Netflix it! STAT!

    DONE! #1 position of my Instant Queue. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive