Thursday, December 17, 2009

One day when I win the lottery...

...I'm going to go to Africa and see Victoria Falls and go on a "safari" and maybe stay at my friend Dave's B&B in Cape Town too...since I'll be in the neighborhood and all...

I just spent an hour looking at tour packages and flights and this and that and now alls I need is like $20,000.

Related: I had an aunt who lived in South Africa and when she would send us presents we'd open the boxes and it would smell like what I now know is moth balls, but 7-year-old me thought that was what Africa smelled like...so even now, when I smell moth balls, my brain goes "Ooh! Africa!"

One day I'll find and scan in my first or second grade school picture because I'm totally wearing my Africa dress in it.

While we're at it, I also need like $20,000 so I can go to Antarctica.

And however much it'll cost to get my arms plastic surgeried.

And if I can do all those things and continue the happy life I'm living, then I'll have done it all.

And you can guarantee that when I go to Africa I'll be bringing the value pack of Immodium.

4 comments:

  1. I bet I have your first and second grade school pics in my childhood photo album. I'm totally going to check and will scan them in for you if I have them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes - I want to see grade school pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! Bree, if you have easy access to them, it would be the one with me in a snug-looking polyester dress with a greenish print. If not, no worries -- I can assign this project to my dad and it'll get done eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how smells are so linked to memories like that :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive