Friday, March 12, 2010

Things!

1. Someone brought her dog into the office today. I don't recognize the owner and I don't know what she's doing here with a dog, but it's a friendly dog, so whatever. At one point he came running into my cube (with his leash, but without his owner), said hello and went under my desk. So, okay. I can continue editing this newsletter with a dog under my desk -- no problem.

I heard someone asking if anyone had seen a dog so I piped up and said that "Oh, there's a dog over here" like it aint no thang, like dogs come to work every day, and he took off running.

Bye dog.

Turns out, his name is Nathan which I thought maybe meant he should be friends with Dave and Jim except that then I realized he is a wiener dog so the Nathan thing is probably more of a reference to Nathan's hot dogs than "just a regular guy's name" like my brother's dog naming preferences.

2. My secret-to-the-internet boyfriend thinks I've lost my EVER LOVING MIND because I'm convinced aliens are inhabiting his body, which caused the "You're being weird" conversation to shift from me saying that to him, to him saying that to me.

Reasonable, I suppose, what with the whole alien thing even coming out of my mouth.

Alien paranoia: Officially DROPPED!

3. I am pleased to report I have dropped 10.5 of the 12 pounds I gained last weekend. That 1.5 is troubling, but a LOT less troubling than the 12.

4. This weekend's big event: The San Francisco St Patrick's Day parade! I bought a green shirt from Old Navy for $8 so as soon as a get an adult beverage to put in my coffee cup, I'll be 100% ready to roll!

5. This has been a long, trying week and I am VERY GLAD for the work part to be nearly over.

2 comments:

  1. It kind of seems like you might have had a cocktail when you wrote this. Have no idea what you're talking about with the aliens, but I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I know -- I've lost my mind. It all came up because he was being weird and acting like someone might act if they were trying to pretend to be him, but without ACTUALLY being him. Thus, an alien MUST have been inhabiting his body. Or perhaps I've just gone loco.

    The horrible part is that the aliens aren't the only weird part about this post.

    Loco: CONFIRMED

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive