Thursday, March 18, 2010

Oops! Happy March 18th!

I got alllllllllllllll distracted yesterday and forgot to post the pictures from my St Patrick's Day festivities. I spent the 17th itself celebrating by being vomited all over (poor, sick baby!) but we celebrated early at the San Francisco St. Patrick's Day parade.

Kinda.

We didn't *actually* make it to the parade, but as Christa pointed out, that's just the part where stand around and wish for it to hurry up and be over...so we skipped it.

I'm getting ahead of myself though.

2/3 of the posse met up at Casa de ME. Mike didn't come, but he did pose for some pictures:





We met the east bay contingent at our hotel and, after $30 worth of Miller Lite out of the mini bar (read: three cans), we went up to the hotel lounge on the 35th floor (very appropriately named Grand View Lounge) and enjoyed the sunny view and some champagne.



From there we moved on to the traditional (for us, anyway) St Patrick's Day bar and enjoyed the outdoor drinking environment:







If you're my Facebook friend, you know Ho Ho Lo met a gentleman who showed us pictures of his tan. His other offenses:

1. Following us everywhere we went.
2. Being kind of a dumbass when my $8 sandwich ACCIDENTALLY got rung up with *his* $8 sandwich.
3. Texting Lauren the next morning at an ungodly hour.

She liked him though:



I was like "He never looked me right in the eye...always kinda looked at my temple! I'm not sure if he is incapable of eye contact or just wonky-eyed."

She was like "He's half Japanese."

O-M-G.

I lolled.

When we looked at my pictures the next day there were multiple inside-the-bathroom shots. These are two I'll share:





YOU'RE WELCOME, LAUREN!

Other Notes of Interest:

1. We encountered the same "Brides of March" bar crawl last year:



They bogarted our ability to enjoy the Gold Dust so we had to go elsewhere.

2. The Tuscan Sangria at Cantina KICKS ASS.

2a. Sangria, Elizabeth? And champagne at the first bar? What happened to sticking to lite beer all day to ensure longevity?

Dude, I know. But you know how sometimes you just DO NOT have a taste for beer? Well that was me on Saturday. YUCK-A-DOO.

I ended up taking myself back to the hotel post-kamakaze shots and was asleep by 10, but I did wake up for:

3. The hotel management banging on our door and speaking VERY STERNLY with the other ladies in my party for being so loud.

Multiple times.

And then the next morning I SWEAR we were being smirked at.

Alls I know is that when they had to leave the room so they could SING freely, they went to the fitness center and somebody has pictures of late night treadmilling and sexy posing on the exercise balls.

I missed all that though.

I had a night full of dreams JONESING for a fountain Diet Dr Pepper so after checking out, we went to SF's like ONE drive through Jack in the Box and HOOKED IT UP.

"Three large Diet Dr Peppers and one small Diet Coke, please."

They hit the spot though, I tell you.

So that's about it for St. Patrick's Day. It was fun, I lasted hours and hours longer than I did last year, we did not get kicked out of the hotel, and Diet Dr Pepper was JUST what the doctor ordered.

2 comments:

  1. Carrie's face in the elevator picture is KILLING me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me miss all of you guys so much! I'm glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive