Monday, October 12, 2009

My Fat Ass, Lyle Lovett and Adult Acne

1. I have been a very bad weight watcher these past few days. I neeeeeed to get my head back in the game. Tonight is Power Ranger kick boxing FOR SURE. No bones about it.

2. I have a few Lyle Lovett songs on my ipod that I must have picked up in CD exchanges and I have to say -- I totally see how he scored him some Julia Roberts. I got all cocky with my spending last night and I bought a whole gang of of Lyle Lovett stuff and I think I am going to add "Go to a Lyle Lovett concert" to my life list.

3. My skin sucks. This is making me crazy because I've always had perfectly lovely skin so I never read those articles in the teen magazines and now I'm stuck at 33 and not knowing how to MAKE IT STOP. My dermatologist gave me some Retin-A cream, which was nice until I realized that it has to make it worse before it gets better and OH CRAP MY FACE IS PEELING, which wasn't as bad as OH CRAP I GOT IT ON MY EYELIDS!

Do you KNOW what happens when you accidentally get Retin-A cream on your eyelids, Internet?

Let me tell you: YOUR EYELIDS CRACK OPEN AND BLEED.

How's that for HOT?

Seriously, I'm a mess. And not even a hot mess...just a mess.

I thought maybe a facial would clear me out and get me back on the right path but YOU GUYS, I left that facial with SCABS. I guess that's what I get for trying a new place because I got a Groupon. Next time I'll know better and I'll pay full price for quality time with Jessica at JEM.

4. This is a lame update, I know. SOMEONE was giving me shit for the lack of updates about things other than my newphew so THIS IS WHAT YOU GET.

3 comments:

  1. 2. Because of this... when I get you in my grasps, I am taking you to Wunsche Bros. Cafe (http://www.wunschebroscafe.com/history.htm). Mr. Lovett used to perform here. And, bonus, its 4 miles from my house and THAT JUST DOESN'T HAPPEN IN HOUSTON. Everything is like an hour away. Unless you live in like Midtown.

    3. I have always had skin that made people jealous. Not for the last year or so. Karma is a bitch. Next, my eyelashes are going to all fall out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get weird breakouts but I guess my skin isn't oily enough to use anti-acne cleansers & moisturizers because they dry it out and that's even worse. So after trying a bunch of products, I read that some people use vinegar like an astringent so I tried it and it works. I don't do it every day, just when breakouts start, and it kills all the breakout causing bacteria and is awesome.

    It stings & smells but the smell is gone after two minutes It sounds like your skin might be damaged right now so you might want to wait until it's healed a little so that the acid doesn't burn it. Some people use Apple Cider Vinegar, but I didn't have any of that so I just use regular. It's cheap & maybe worth a try if you're out of options.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyle Lovett is maybe my #1 guilty pleasure music- but fortunately, everyone in my immediate family feels the same way. Family vacations mean Lyle Lovett soundtracks. We just all went to see him last weekend at Hardly, Strictly Bluegrass.
    Try Alicia Valverde for a facial... she's amazing. And I'm unemployed and shouldn't be getting things like facials, but she still feels worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive