Monday, October 12, 2009

Hagrid the Hut



I don't mean this in a "wah wah wah I'm asking for someone to tell me I'm attractive" kind of way but we allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll know I'm ALLLL crazy in the head when it comes to body image and blah blah blah.

BUT:

I was just looking at one of the fattie "this is what I'm wearing today" blogs and the chicks post their height and weight with the pictures and I was surprised to see that there were plenty of chicks who I thought looked pretty okay (as in, not the JABBA THE HUT I see myself as) and, per their stats, are actually shorter and heavier than me.

Ohhhhhh, the crazy...I'm full of it. I don't expect to ever get over myself, but at least I know THAT ONE CHICK who had the nerve to call me Hagrid was SEVEN inches shorter than me but only like 25 pounds lighter.



AND AT LEAST I HAVE THE GOOD SENSE NOT TO WEAR HORIZONTAL STRIPES AND END UP LOOKING LIKE A BEACH BALL.

Whoa, old drama just came bubbling out.

Sorry about that, folks.

Let's talk about rainbows and puppies or something instead.

Rainbows are lovely.

Puppies are cute.



Oh hey, look at that!

Another antidote to the wah wah wah:



In other news, I was just discussing "Last Names We Wouldn't Take" with a chick at work who recently got married and is less than thrilled with her new last name. Her new name is fine, but doesn't have as much character as her maiden name. Among the names we know people have taken but would not take ourselves are:

Cheeseman and Seaman

Can you blame us?

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't it suck how the insults stick with you so much longer than the compliments? I am sure that shortstack is still carrying on with her Sears horizontal striped sweaters, picking fights with people in internet knitting communities or someshit.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive