Monday, April 18, 2011

Viva Las Vegas

Hey Internet, wanna see a whole bunch of pictures from Vegas?

So Lauren and I had important plans that involved airport bloody marys but DAGNABBIT, our flight was so early that the airport bar wasn't even open yet. GOOD THING WE WERE FLYING FIRST CLASS and were able to enjoy a pre-fight cocktail (even if the flight attendant totally judged us for our early morning drinking):



We were disappointed to hear the pilot say that they wouldn't be offering in-flight drink service because of turbulence (that never happened) but that's okay because we had an hour to kill after our flight got in and before Carrie's flight arrived so we made up for lost time at the airport bar.

Not surprisingly, we were the only INBOUND passengers rocking the airport bar at 8AM. We were the only women in there and ALSO not surprisingly, we made BFFs with the bartender and all of our fellow morning drinkers. Of the dozen or so people at the bar, ten of us were drinking bloody marys, which IS sort of a surprise but in my informal research, I've found bloody marys to be contagious. You sit at a bar and order a bloody mary and then the next person sits down and sees how delicious your bloody mary is and needs one too and then the next person and the next person and the next person.

I'm also pleased to report that the airport bar represented the first of many rounds of drinks to be purchased for us that weekend. (Note: Cheering with "HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAUREN!" is a great way to have drinks sent your way...I recommend it even if it's not anyone's birthday.)

Eventually it was time to go find Carrie and our limo driver at baggage claim and then BADA BOOM, we were in our first limo of the day:





Here's an exciting fact: When you arrive in a limo they don't drop you off in front to stand in the regular person registration line. Oh no, Internet. They drop you off at some other door where a lounge and continental breakfast await. And then when you're traveling with Lauren, whose brother set this whole thing up via his high rollerness, you get a room on the 50-something'th floor, with exciting elevators that show up IMMEDIATELY because your private elevators only serve the 50-58th floors.

I've been to Vegas a bunch of times but I've never had a view that even came close to this one:







And then the ladies went down to (surprise!) the bar while I hopped in a cab and went to meet my friends David and Tonya, who happened to be in town for a conference:



We went to a place called Hash House a Go Go, which has exciting things like Snickers pancakes and Bud-in-a-bag on the menu. I had one of these items:



AND THEN David, Tonya and posse gave me a ride back to my ho-tel, where I met Carrie and Lauren in YET ANOTHER bar. They were drinking champagne so when the bartender asked me what I'd like, I said I'd have whatever they were drinking and put $20 down on the bar. He came back over and was like "Uh, it'll be $24" and I was stunned because my ladies like them some champagne, but they're more the $12 a glass type than the $24 a glass type. I pulled more money out and was like WHAT HAVE YOU TWO BEEN UP TO???????

As it turns out, I got there right when the asshole bartender's shift started (and not just because he charged me for my drink) and they had no idea they were getting glass after glass of free $24 champagne from the nice bartender.

PSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH. But don't worry ladies. I will pay my $24 and not blow the cover on your free champagne drinking asses.

But then, because the new bartender really was a dick, we walked over to *another* bar over by the Baccarat lounge. This one was small and hidden and we probably never would have found it if we weren't headed over toward our VIP elevators but it turned out to be our go-to spot for the rest of the weekend because the bartenders, waitresses and fellow patrons were all such a good time.



Carrie and Lauren thought the bathroom was THE MOST AWESOME GOLDEN BATHROOM EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD:





And ooh! We posed with Elvis at some point that day too:



Eventually Diana, the fourth member of our posse, arrived and we got all dolled up because OH HAY, Lauren's brother hooked us with with passes to a VIP after party for Britney Spears and DJ Pauly D, who happened to have been filming an MTV special in Vegas. Another limo came to get us -- this one wasn't the tasteful gray limo that picked us up from the airport though...this one was an Expeditionzine, was BLASTING music (with accompanying music videos) and neon lights.

Klassy.

And then we arrived at The Palms, the site of the Britney Bonanza, and met our host (seriously, it was someone's job to be our host?) but found out that it was a hurry up and wait situation so we sat at, SURPRISE, the bar for a while:



But then we met a bachelor party and got distracted away from the Britney Spears thing.

[Nothing to see here. Move along.]

And then we spent the entire next day laying around our hotel room, watching Real Housewives and Sex and the City marathons and ordering room service.

And then we got all dolled up again:



Hey Lauren...nice...eyes!

And had a pre-dinner cocktail (and I had two double espressos and a 5-Hour-Energy in the hope of counteracting the three hours of sleep I'd had in the previous 24 hours...I'm incapable of sleeping past 7 AM, even if I was out until the weeeeee hours the night before) in our favorite Baccarat lounge and met another birthday celebrant:



And then we had a long dinner (and another double espresso), which was an energy-killer for me so even though we went to the hotel nightclub, I was too tired to rally, despite the AWESOME people watching. We were staying at Aria, which is new and modern and fresh and GORGEOUS but the nightclub was fillllllllllled with 21-year-olds rocking their finest Forever 21 fashion and the worst shoes I'd ever seen.

If they weren't wearing acrylic heels that night, they were wearing flip flops and had band-aids on their toes and heels, indicating they wore their acrylic heels the night before. I understand me some foot pain but REALLY? Flip flops, band-aids and nightclub wear?

I ended up calling it a night around midnight and damn near fell asleep in the elevator on the ride up to the 50-something'th floor. Six shots of espresso and 5-Hour-Energy BE DAMNED!

In summary, we had SUCH A GOOD TIME, Vegas VIP-style is THE WAY TO GO, a million thank yous to Lauren's brother Casey for the hook up (and the room service tab that magically DECREASED each time we looked at it) and HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY LAUREN!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive