Friday, April 15, 2011

On the move. Sort of.

The client I'm working for right now has decreed that there will be a forced furlough for all vendors next week. Given how many people there are vendors, I'll be interested to see exactly what gets done without us next week but WHATEVS because I have PTO burning a hole in my pocket and YOU DON'T HAVE TO TELL ME TWICE!

I'm dogsitting for my brother and SIL for the first few days and was planning to do all kinds of catching up on the blogging and the book writing (HA!) BUT THEN my brother and SIL were all "Hey, our tenant is moving out of our super exciting place downtown so we're gonna sell it but it'll be a while and don't want it to sit empty so would you like to live there for a few months?"

UM. YES!

It's super temporary so I'll be living like a bachelor with a couch, a TV, a plate and a fork but I'm looking forward to it. I've been in my parents' guest bedroom for longer than I care to admit so it'll be lovely to stretch my legs and feel like an adult again, if only for a few months.

I feel bad that my dad is bummed that I'm leaving, but A) it's only temporary and B) I'm going to be 35 soon.

I don't know for sure if I'll be back in the guest bedroom when my stint as a squatter is over or if I'll OFFICIALLY move into my own place but I'd be fine with either. Casa de Joe & Judy is a nice place to live and the roomies seem to like me, but one of the things I'm looking forward to is the fact that *I* will be in charge of the kitchen sponge and I'll never see it sitting in water (again) and have to yell (AGAIN) that THIS IS WHY YOUR SPONGE STINKS!!

But anyway, I was planning on a few days of catching up (Vegas and wilderness adventures still need to be documented!) and then flying out to western Mass-a-chew-sets to visit my friends Kari and Eric. Instead, I'll be figuring out how to move for just a few months and organizing myself for that fiasco and then going to see Kari and Eric.

The reality is though, that if I don't document Vegas and the wilderness adventure before I go on this next adventure, I'm never gonna document ANY of it and that's just not acceptable. Cross your fingers, Internet.

4 comments:

  1. YAY for having your own space again!

    My brother and I both moved back home about the same time 3 years ago, and my parents loved it! I'm pretty sure that neither of them wanted me to move out when I did this year, but I think they are going to miss the dogs more than me (2 of the dogs still live with them until we can get a gate installed).

    ReplyDelete
  2. We CAN"T WAIT for you to get here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I applaud you for making it as long as you have already at your parent's! As much as I love my parents, I was SO GLAD to move out when I did (after moving back in after college), and have never looked back! ;-)

    Speaking of living on your own, in your own place, you do know that we've got a vacant rental not too far from your 'rents, right? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. The place on the corner, Bree? I have seen it on CL before and I'd love it, but my brother is charging me an unbeatable price of $0 a month.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive