Sunday, February 20, 2011

Things

1. I don't remember how it ended up on my Netflix list, but I know it was based on a comment someone made -- either in a blog I read or Facebook -- but I just watched City Island and boy howdy, I liked it.

I feel like I should probably act all offended that a subplot involved a teenage boy who is hot for fat women but I don't care so the fat police can suck it.

2. Andy Garcia is the leading actor in City Island and I was reminded of what a good looking man he is, which prompted me to Google him to see if he was within my acceptable dating age range. He's not, but he actually got crossed off my list because he's been married for like 100 years and that fact has the ability to make a man simultaneously totally desirable and totally undesirable.

But anyhooters, in my Andy Garcia research I came across this fascinating fact:

He was born with a dead conjoined twin the size of a tennis ball on his shoulder.

I texted my (twin) brothers to tell them about this and to say that I was glad that neither of them were each other's tennis ball.

3. An email from my mother indicating she is not supportive of the urea-on-the-feet thing:

I am concerned that this kind of activity is going on in my home. You are a college graduate working for an elite company who hand pick their staff and your mother is an RN for God's sake!!!!
I have to say that whatever effect you are getting from the urea on your feet (I don't want to know how much it cost), you could pee in a plastic bag and tie that on your feet for a period of time, and probably get the same result.


She also said that she loves me anyway.

4. It has taken me forever to get to #4 on that list of 30 things in 30 days but that's because it was supposed to be about the last book I read and I was thiiiiiis close to finishing a book and kept thinking that I'd wait until I finished it so I wouldn't have to report that the last book I read was chick lit.

Anyway, blah blah blah, I finally finished Lamb by Christopher Moore.

I haven't read (or seen) Wicked so I can't say for sure, but I think the concept is about the same. Lamb is the story of Jesus, but from his best friend's perspective. It's irreverent and funny but I'd also say it was pretty respectful and painted Jesus (or Josh, as he's known in the book) as a really honorable man.

1 comment:

  1. Wicked the musical is entertaining and funny with a hint of the darkness that is essentially the book. The book is much much darker than the musical....between the two I prefer the musical

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive