Tuesday, February 23, 2010

LAZY Blogger! BAD Blogger!

1. Today is my dad's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!

2. I've been asked to become a Yelp Elite! It doesn't really mean much other than a little "Yelp Elite '10" badge on my Yelp page, but I'm still crazy flattered. Cross your fingers they don't realize their mistake!!

3. I get angsty every time I hear my dad telling one of his buddies that he should read my blog. *He* thinks I'm entertaining because he's my dad but his peers aren't necessarily my target audience so I hate that they'd finally say OKAY ALREADY JOE, I'LL LOOK AT HER BLOG only to find a picture of me showing off my new shoes.

4. My friends Becky and Henry left on their world cruise today. Except actually, I guess they left a couple of days ago because they depart Singapore today.

When I think about whether or not I want to have a kid I think about how if I do have one, I'll NEVER EVER EVER be able to be all "Oh hey, how about we go on a world cruise next week?" I LOVE that Becky and Henry are the kind of people to do exactly that and the "Hey EZ, FYI, we're going on a world cruise 2/23-5/15 but we'll be available via AIM!" email I got from them a week or so ago wasn't that much of a shock.

If I do have a kid it won't be ANY TIME EVEN REMOTELY SOON so by the time it got old enough for me to leave it in charge of its own self for nearly three months, I'll be O-L-D. But okay, I'll betcha there will be plenty of senior citizens there (spending their kids' inheritances) so my fellow old people homies will be in the hiz-ouse and we can play Bridge to our hearts' content.

But then there's the money thing. If I had a kid, my senior citizen self wouldn't be able to afford to go on a last minute world cruise.

The inability to (theoretically) pick up and go wherever I want, whenever I want (even if it's just to the movies) seems chokingly limiting and I think it would be easier to just let my brothers continue populating the earth and giving me cute babies to love and then I can take myself home and everything will be where I left it and I can sleep for as long as I want.

This debate BUMS ME OUT LIKE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW and it makes me feel like a Cathy cartoon with an "ACK!" in the thought bubble above my head. Except Cathy is ACK'ing about cookies and bathing suits. Cookies and bathing suits are ACK-worthy and all, but they're not PERMANENT decisions or anything, Cathy!

5. How 'bout them Niners?

6. On a completely unrelated note, I do not like the show Glee, but I love the soundtrack.

7. OMG I just got a text alerting me to a rumor that SOMEONE I KNOW will be on Intervention next season!! The person in question is a PIECE OF WORK and would make a really fascinating episode which, in reality, is pretty awful. She's the ex-wife of a friend's friend, which is close enough that I've witnessed some of her OH NO SHE DID NOT JUST DO THAT antics, but I'm far enough away that I haven't been personally impacted by her crap.

I'm not SO cold that I don't wish her well though.

8. But enough of all that. Look at how wonderful and perfect my sweet nephew is:

4 comments:

  1. You don't like GLEE? WHAT?! I'm so disappointed. I love it but then again, I grew up in the midwest and the land of show choirs.

    The ability to be able to pick up and do whatever you want still exists with children. Sure you have to plan a little but you can make it work. That's what mom's and brother's are for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your debate soooo much. And my 40 year old eggs REALLY understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did we know that your dad and Owen share a birthday?? I'm not sure if we have made that connection before.

    You know me - I'm all for kids. But planning a birthday party for a 7-year-old boy on a crazy, rainy day with two kids who just don't show up isn't the most fun part of parenting. We are taking the boys on a cruise in a few weeks. Not around the world, but there is a kids club that I can check them into and then go hang out at the pool with a book :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh that whole kid debate makes me nuts. I feel the same way...do I really want to make that commitment (having a child) and if I do...welll I can't just pick up and go or spend money on a whim. That makes me sound shallow but you get it right?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive