Thursday, February 25, 2010

I am alive. I have proof.

1. A friend at work mentioned that she's going to the doctor because her resting heart rate has been really high -- well above 90 -- and I was SURE mine would be up there too because of my fat ass and all but I just checked my pulse and Googled for what it *should* be and I am VERY pleased to report that my resting heart rate (which I guess isn't even a true "resting" heart rate because I didn't take it right when I woke up in the morning) is 76, which is A) the year I was born and B) right smack dab in the middle of the healthy range of 70-80 for women.

And then I read that Lance Armstrong's resting heart rate is 32, but he can suck it.

2. My iPhone can do ANYTHING. For reals, there's an app for EVERYTHING...including tracking how deeply I'm sleeping (Sleep Cycle)! It uses the built-in whatchamabucket that senses movement so when you put it under your sheet and adjacent to your head, it can feel you move. It tracks your sleeping habits and ALLEGEDLY calculates the best time to wake you up (beginning up to 30 minutes before your set alarm time) so you wake up feeling refreshed and not just-jerked-out-of-REM-sleep. I'm not sure if it's THAT smart, but I love being able to see how deeply I've been sleeping.

For example, I woke up the next morning and TOTALLY felt like I'd had a restless night's sleep:



I KNEW I ate too late and that I wouldn't sleep well and BOY HOWDY, look at that! I didn't!

This one seems to be typical -- dead asleep, 2AM bathroom break and then dead asleep again:



This was last night:



No bathroom break! This is UNPRECEDENTED! But now that I think about it, yesterday was Wednesday which means it was my Weight Watchers weigh in day which means I limit myself to only 40 ounces of water up until my meeting so I know I'm drinking the same amount each Wednesday. So that plus the margarita I had at dinner meant I was a tad bit dehydrated (or less really well hydrated) and I slept through the night!

It looks like I woke up around 4AM though and I'll betcha that's because I finally did have to pee, but I held it until the alarm went off which is stupid because then CLEARLY I don't sleep very well as a result. I knew that, but it's fun to see on my little chart anyway!

I don't think I'll be so lucky tonight though...I'm already one grande latte, one Diet Dr Pepper and about 60 ounces of water into my day and it's only 2:30.

Isn't that exciting you guys?

I SLEEP!

I DRINK WATER!

I PEE!

I HAVE A HEART BEAT!

This blog is a PAGE TURNER!

3a. In other news, my paycheck and my federal tax refund hit my bank account on the same day! I'M RICH!

3b. Mom, you'll be glad to know I promptly transferred my riches into my savings account.

5 comments:

  1. I'm excited about this app - I just bought it and can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graeme is OBSESSED with the Slep Cycle App...and he gets annoyed when I stay over for school cuz I mess up his charting =p

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Leslie I am excited to go to bed because that means that I can wake up and look at my stats!!

    So are you sleeping in Graeme's bed with him? And that messes it up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah we share his Cal-King when I stay over cuz his place is teeny tiny....he normally puts the phone on his pillow next to him (no night stand) so having another person in the bed totally throws it off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unmarried bed sharing with a gay man? You're going to hell for so many reasons LB!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive