Sunday, November 13, 2011

Rumspringa!

I went to visit my peeps in Maryland...um...several weeks ago.

Danielle had a baby who Jordan and I hadn't yet met so we hopped on some planes and went to visit Mike and Danielle and Will and Lizzie V and Kathy and Stella (Team Kathy and Stella are sadly not featured in the photo bonanza on my camera!) and THE AMISH.

I'd say he's the cutest kid alive, but you probably already know that I'm partial to a couple other kids. I CAN say, with 100% accuracy, that he's the cutest baby boy on the east coast:



LIZZIE V!!!!!!!!!!!



I FOUND ANOTHER TRACTOR! My third in 2011!



We visited Cumberland, MD -- a little town in western Maryland where Danielle used to live. Each light post in the downtown area had seasonal decor strapped to it and did not appear to be at risk for theft or vandalism. SMALL TOWN LIVING! Sadly, I only got a picture of the one that looks politically incorrect, but it was a CROW, you guys. The others were things like scarecrows and pilgrims:



After visiting the Amish and enjoying some sausage and a not-Amish-but-not-mainstream family singing group and then perusing estate jewels in Cumberland, we went to one of the most beautiful places I'd ever seen and sat on the porch and looked at the fall foliage and drank cocktails. I seem to be missing pictures from that portion, but I'm totally going back one day so there'll be a second chance. We sat out there long after our reservation time until they finally came outside and asked us if were EVER planning on coming inside for dinner.

(Because apparently the olives in my martinis weren't supposed to be dinner.)

Good dinner, good friends, perfect evening.

I want to go back one day and have there be a basket with my name on it:



And maybe buy one of the most perfect pumpkins I'd ever seen, even though it would be a pain (and probably illegal) to bring back into CA:



Seriously. SO CUTE. That smile is a killer.



I went for a walk the next morning and saw adorable houses and red trees:



Then we all got in the car and looked at some BEAUTIFUL scenery:



We saw babbling brooks:



(Mostly I just wanted to post that one because HEY THERE DAILEY METHOD THIGHS, WHAT'S UP!?)

I had the weight of the world on my shoulders:



We saw waterfalls that were SO PRETTY they looked fake:



And then we went to another spot and we climbed up to the top of the world:



And then I climbed out on the ledge and successfully did not fall off and die:



We stopped on the side of the highway so I could photo opp with the Eastern Continental Divide:



Jordan gave Will some wax lips:



We posed for one last photo together before I got dropped off at the airport (poor Jordan's flight was delayed eight million hours, but she got extra quality time with Team Maryland so whateverrrrrrrr):



And then I came home and had to move the next day.

The end.

xoxo Team MD, VA, PA, TX and CA!

1 comment:

Blog Archive