Saturday, November 26, 2011

3/4 of a Four Day Weekend

We've already discussed that the Turkey Trot ran past my parents' house this year. I had a Dailey Method class to get to so I couldn't stay and supervise much past the very earliest runners, but I did get the neighbor to follow me down the street to take my picture in front of the four mile marker:



PG&E HOLLER!

And just so you know, I really, truly was on my way to a workout -- I don't wear leggings and Uggs in public without good reason.

And then I came home and copied something I'd seen on the www:



The problem with really awesome turkey veggie platters is that nobody wants to actually eat the veggies.

Aunt Suzie sent her pictures from Thanksgiving and I'm not sure what she was capturing here, but this one cracks me up:



And then on Friday, after a hearty breakfast of leftover spinach dip and pecan pie, I joined Leslie, her family and her mom's homies on a wine bus bonanza to celebrate her mom's 60th birthday. I think I was expecting more of a wine shuttle, so I was really surprised when a big ol' BUS showed up for us...but not as surprised as I was when we actually boarded the bus and realized that it was like a bachelorette party bus or something with champagne, couches and neon in the ceiling!

CAREN KNOWS HOW TO PARTY!

The party bus took us to a few different wineries in the Santa Cruz Mountains, a wine tasting trail I'd never blazed before. Leslie and I were walking around outside of stop #1 and I was like "Let's see if they have a tractor anywhere" and then we turned around and OMG THERE'S A TRACTOR!

You know how much I love me a tractor photo shoot don't you, Internet?



Winery #2 was actually at a concert venue/winery that I've been to a number of times, but never when I had the chance to stand EXACTLY! WHERE! LYLE! LOVETT! STOOD!



Winery #3 was where we had some heavy pours, which led to a photo shoot with my favorite flavor of grapes, conveniently planted the year I was born!



And then the party bus took us back down the mountain to Casa de Leslie, I packed my wine purchases up, and took myself home for a dinner of more pecan pie.

That pecan pie, I'll have you know, was soaped up and thrown into the garbage this morning because I can not be trusted with it and I need to STOP EATING.

That brings us to the present, where it's 5:19PM on a Saturday night and I'm still unshowered (even after a particularly sweaty Dailey Method class this morning) and the only things on my rocking Saturday night agenda are:

1. Not eating Chinese food
2. Showering
3. Laundry'ing
4. Nail painting

WATCH OUT, WORLD!

2 comments:

  1. Super jealous of your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute veggie platter! Also you evening sounds awesome to me haha

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive