Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Juice Fast

I have lots of things to report out on, I know, but for now I'm just going to tell you about how I'm starting a 10 day juice fast on Thursday. I was going to start on Monday but because of this and that and blah blah blah, Thursday is better.

So I came home today and made my shopping list and was blown away at how much produce I'll need for only TWO DAYS of juice. My pocketbook is shaking in its boots, just thinking about how much all this is going to cost:

48 radishes
2 stalks of broccoli
2 white peaches
10 fuji apples
2 asian pairs
10 beets
11 carrots
1 head of cabbage
3 cups of chard (Is this different from SWISS chard? I'll find out!)
1 knob of ginger
17 cups of spinach
1 cantaloupe
1 honeydew
12 leaves of kale
21 leaves of swiss chard
12 tomatoes (THESE I can get for free from my parents' garden!)
4 cucumbers
17 stalks of celery
1 red onion (mmmmm...onion juice!)
2 cups of parsley
1 lime
4 green apples
2 fennel bulbs
2 bunches of basil
8 cups of parsley
2 jalepenos

So we'll see about that.

Unrelated: Today was my darling nephew's first day of preschool! MY BABY IS GROWING UP! WAAAAAAH!

4 comments:

  1. GAH! Where did you get your recipes or plan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can gift you some appropriate veggies from my CSA box...I'm not going to use them while I'm spa'ing in Arizona next week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that sounds like hell. Can you document every moment?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Add some horseradish and a little vodka to this and it sounds like a honkin' good Bloody Mary, but can you stay buzzed for 10 days?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive