Sunday, August 28, 2011

Joanie had a birthday!

OMG I am 8,000 years late posting these but I started this entry A MONTH AGO and DAGNABBIT, I'm gonna finish it.

SO. Joanie, a friend I've had since my first job out of college (she interviewed me for that job, actually!), turned 40 LAST MONTH. Joanie and I have been around the block together, LET ME TELL YOU...but she's a wife and a mother of two now, so gone are the days of bubble wrap clothing and accepting rides from strangers and instead of finding ourselves a bit too over-served and nearly getting kicked out of the Seattle Westin, we celebrated her birthday all classy-like and went wine tasting with some homies.

Marci, who is also all grown up with two kids now, was kind enough to shuttle us around minivan-style while we bounced around Livermore on a perfect July day, had lunch outside next to a Corvette meet-up (when I saw the 15 or so Corvettes in the parking lot I suggested we take bets on how many Tommy Bahama shirts would be inside the restaurant...sadly, there was only ONE), drank a lot of wine, flirted with a winemaker or two and found Joanie a new local babysitter (one of the winemakers' nieces, I believe).

Here we all are, accidentally standing in height order:



I was wearing flats and Walkera was wearing some pretty significant wedges, so she got to be the tall one for the day.

The last winery we went to had a big grassy yard and we were a "few" glasses of wine into our day so we abandoned our things and took like 50 photos. There are many that I can't show you because I value the friendship of the subjects, but here are some safe ones.

Purses and wine, relaxing on the lawn:



Ladies, HOLLA!



Marci looking all "I'm a casually sexy farm girl."



A TRACTOR!!!! This was WAS going to be my 2011 Christmas card photo but I took an even better one at my birthday party a couple weeks ago:



Marci, petite flower that she is, could actually ride the mini tractors:



Thumbs up!



(And if Walkera ever DOES send me those pictures she's holding hostage, I might have to show you how glamorous I look in photos of me tap dancing! On a stage, even!)

We eventually piled back into the swagger wagon and headed back to Joanie's to play with her kids and eat her birthday cake:



Hello, Handsome!



I seem to have a lot of pictures of Walkera laughing. I'm glad she does it so often.



Happy birthday, Joan. I always enjoy celebrating milestone birthdays with you.



xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. What a Great Day! Favorite people and wine too. Thanks for sharing the day with me. Here's to the next 10 years. XO

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive