Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Potpourri

1. First of all, look at this person:





If you were wondering if it was possible to be in proximity of those cheeks and not kiss the hell out of them, I can tell you that it's not.

We all drove together to my brothers' birthday dinner a week or so ago and Baby was sitting between me and Grandma and he was plenty confused about what the heck we were doing in HIS car, but he enjoys passing time with "If You're Happy and You Know it Clap Your Hands" and funny enough, so do we, so a good time was had by all.

I should mention that my brother has a different rendition of that song that goes "If you're chunky and you know it clap your hands" and that's far less flattering for Aunt Elizabeth but I can't help but merrily clap along. I AM CHUNKY AND I KNOW IT.

**clap clap**

2. Today's BBPOTD:





3. I went and met my dear friend Kari's husband Eric for burgers and alcoholic milkshakes on Sunday night because he happened to be in town for work. I'm sure the bartender thought it was an internet date because Eric and I had never met and it was clearly a meeting-someone-I-don't-know situation, but I hope he noticed Eric's wedding ring and thought we were particularly scandalous.

The milkshakes and I posed for a photo to send to Kari:



Note: Mine was actually a beer float: A dark stout with coffee ice cream in it -- KICKASS.

I wore one of my newest S&D necklaces but WHAT IS THIS?



Oh hey, it turns out the damn necklace rubbed black shit all over me and I ended up walking around like I'd pulled this wife beater off an actual wife beater!! Turns out I'm not the only one with this issue which is a CRYING SHAME because I love this necklace. I'm going to wear it around the house for a few days to see if the black stops rubbing off, but if not, I'm returning this bad boy LICKETY SPLIT.

4. This is vague but I would like to quote Team Texas for my own personal reference: Nothing ventured, nothing gained. She also referenced Whitney Houston circa 1986 and that was plenty wise and time-honored, but I'm going with the proverb.

4 comments:

  1. 4. What about Whitney circa 1992? The chorus, perhaps.
    3. OMG, can that float place get put on the list for our next visit?
    2. You sure know how to rock a self-photo.
    1. Babies and sunglasses are so sweet, even when those babies are 5-years old and steal their mama's sunglasses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4. The great-eeest love of all is happening to meeeeeeeeeee.

    Except I think she's actually singing about loving herself but if she fails, if she succeeds, at least she'll live as she believes.

    3. SOLD! We had a great view of Union Square and everything.

    2. They're either great or awful. If I don't get it by take two I stop trying.

    1. I love that he knows what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4. The circa-1992 Whitney I thought was also appropriate, perhaps, was "I will always love you" (even if she stole it from Dolly). You could also swing toward "Saving all my love for you" ... Damn, Whitney is prophetic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACTUALLY... from Wikipedia...

    "Greatest Love of All" is an inspirational song written by Michael Masser and Linda Creed and performed first by George Benson and later, Whitney Houston. Creed wrote the lyrics in the midst of her struggle with breast cancer. The words on describe her feelings about coping with a terminal illness and being a young mother. Creed eventually succumbed to the disease in April 1986 (at the age of 36).

    Also? People in Texas are fucking awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive