Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Fuck Cancer

A week or so ago we got word that after a long battle with cancer, my friend's father was in his final days. I've been thinking about my friend and her dad and her family a lot in the past week, so having them dominate my thoughts as I drove to work this morning wasn't a huge surprise, but I did have to take a moment before walking into the office to make sure the emotion wasn't about to make my mascara run.

So that was two hours ago, and then 30 minutes ago we heard that he died this morning.

The universe is trippy, how it connects people. Or maybe it was just a coincidence. But also maybe not.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (ugh - missed a word in my original reply!)

    The universe is totally trippy like that.

    When my dad was in his final days, everyone was coming home to say goodbye. My little fam (Rory was just nine months old at the time) had already been there for five days, four of which he was in a coma. So, we reluctantly left on a Sunday morning, just missing my brother and his family who were driving in from California by a few hours. Of course Dad wasn't conscious, but it's like he knew they were there. As if he had been waiting for them. We had not even been home for 12 hours before my brother called to tell us that Dad had passed. Trippy.

    No matter how long the battle is, or how much time you have to prepare for the imminent, it still sucks. Wishing your friend and her family love and peace.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive