Thursday, March 3, 2011

Expanding on Facebook Status Updates

If you're my Facebook friend you already know that Tuesday was a multiple status update day. Here are the longwinded versions:

1. VERY TRAUMATIZING Cream of Wheat injury:

The cafeteria stops serving breakfast at 10 so when I was in there scooping out some Cream of Wheat at 9:55, it was the bottom of the barrel (literally), it had been sitting there all morning and it was really glue'y. I prefer it to be sticky versus wet so this was actually desirable, but when I accidentally dripped some on my left pointer finger I realized that it was SCALDING HOT and I couldn't fling it off to save my life. I ended up running across the cafeteria for a napkin but by the time I got the DANGEROUS breakfast cereal off of my poor finger, I could already tell that the damage had been done. It's hard to see in this picture, but let me assure you Internet...I have a blister framing my left pointer finger:



Silver lining: My manicure is fresh enough for me to show a close up to the internet.

2. Confirmation that Buster is just not that into me:

Remember that guy Buster? He was a good guy with some excellent qualities but he also had some REALLY ANNOYING qualities and I finally decided to face the fact that he just wasn't that into me.

He had been on a month-long business trip and then he came home and he was sick, he was working, he was hanging out with his friends, he was doing whatever...but he was not particularly motivated to see me. So there was all that but then he made an offhand comment about something else that reallllly rubbed me the wrong way, which led me to call him out on his just-not-that-into-me'ness and PS, I don't want to do this anymore. He responded very passively (not that I was holding my breath for an exciting "No! You're fantastic! I can't live without you!" response) that he was sorry I felt that way and he wished me the best.

It was possibly the most mature breakup I've ever had, even though it's not really a breakup because he wasn't even blog tag worthy. I'm pleased to be headed in the right direction!

I'm not crushed about this at all, but I posted something to FB so I could confirm that me saying "I just don't think you're that into me" and him saying "I'm sorry you feel that way" was, in fact, confirmation of his not-that-into-me'ness. I wasn't expecting FB to be as supportive as it was, but thanks peeps!

A note from my dear friend Alyssa made me laugh out loud (for reals) and I think it's a solid rule to live by:

I think the real moral of the story here is that you should no longer date dudes who share names with any of my mom's corgis. Deal?

DEAL!

5 comments:

  1. I'm doing Health Month (http://healthmonth.com) this month, and the daily emails come from Buster, and I can't help but think of this Buster when I get the emails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry about your finger injury-but damn that's one heck of a manicure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa wait HOLD. THE. PHONE.

    His name was *really* BUSTER?!?!

    I thought that was some made-up codename you were using to protect the innocent.

    So yeah, ummm, what Alyssa said!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, no Bree...I have to admit...that was a name I gave him when I first met him so calling him Josh never felt right. I don't think Alyssa's mom has a corgi named Josh though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, so being married FOREVER makes me so not an expert at anything dating, but "I'm sorry you feel that way" is such a non-answer. It makes it sounds like he wants you to FEEL like he's into you, but is not really. Douchey.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive